(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Congressman/Rancher/Businessman
- A.A. American River College
- Ca. State Assembly 1980-1986
- Married, Wife Pamela, 9Children 8 Living
- U.S. Representative 1987-Present
- National Defense/Homeland Security-Fighting the War on Terror and keeping the homeland secure
- Continued economic growth in Northern California
- Immigration Reform-We must secure our border and rein-in illegal immigration while also providing for a legal temporary worker program
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Trinity County Supervisor
- Businessman / Entrepreneur
- Economy - Focus on "Green Collar" jobs, Sustainable Forestry & Agriculture, Expand Rural High Speed Internet Backbone & Capacity
- Education - Rework and/or repeal No Child Left Behind to attain realistic measurements for rural education that enhance opportunities for all students
- Health Care - Health Care For All should be our rallying cry while we move towards that system on a regional level
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
Capitol Advantage (Yahoo News)
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 2. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your U.S. Senators and Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
Video of Candidate Forum
News and Analysis
- Date: Thurs., Oct 9, 2008
Time: 7 - 9 PM
Place: Chico City Council Chambers, 421 Main Street, Chico
Panel: Chico Enterprise-Record ; Chico News & Review; KCHO
Sponsor: League of Women Voters of Butte County
Chico Enterprise Record
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.