(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: State Senator/Businessman
- Abel ran for, and was elected to, Santa Maria City Council at the age of 26
- 1998 Abel took his leadership to Sacramento when he was elected to the State Assembly where he served for three terms
- In 2004, Abel ran for State Senator in the 15th District and won
- In 2000, Abel gave the first Spanish-only keynote speech at any Party National Convention
- In 2008, Abel gave a keynote speach at the Party National Convention
- Over Abel Maldonado's ten-year political career he has been named Legislator of the Year numerous times.
- To Build a Stronger Economy
- Ensure Schools are Fully Funded
- Foster Energy Independence
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Transportation Manager
- UPS Chairman's Excellence award winner in 2007
- United Way Legacy Donor/Boy Scouts of America Leader
- Pacific Region Int'l Account Manager for 7 years
- Earned Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- At the age 23 promoted to the UPS management team
- Early UPS Experience-Driver, counter clerk, loader/unloader
- Investing in Better Health Care
- Solving the Water Crisis
- Promoting Renewable, Sustainable and Clean Energy Sources
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.