(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: California Assemblywoman (2002-2008)
- Chair, Assembly Natural Resources Committee
- Chair, Select Committee to Bridge the Achievement Gap
- Chair, Legislative Environmental Caucus
- Director, Western Regional Office of the U.S. Department Education under President Clinton (1993-2002)
- Berkeley's First Woman Mayor (1986-1993)
- Western Regional director of ACTION under President Jimmy Carter
- Health Care Reform: Fighting for affordable, quality universal healthcare for every Californian.
- Environment: Making California a leader in combating climate change and developing alternative sources of clean energy.
- Education: Working to ensure that all our children have a safe and well funded education.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Retired after 25 years of teaching in California public schools
- Served as elected commissioner on Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board, 1994-1998
- Received teachers' union WHO award for organizing work in the Alameda Education Association, 2002
- Stop the standardized testing mandate in the schools
- Universal health care through a national "single payer" system without insurance company profits
- Clean up the environment with strict controls on pollution and restoration of ecosystems
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.