(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Mayor, City of Mountain View 2007
- Councilmember, City of Mountain View 2004 to present
- VTA (Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority) Board Member, 2007
- Grand Boulevard Initiative Task Force Member (El Camino Real Renewal), 2006
- Commissioner, Environmental Planning for City of Mountain View, 2003-2007
- Commissioner including Chair, Parks & Recreation for City of Mountain View, 1995-2002
- I support residential development that integrates all smart growth principles especially those of "context" that is, "fit" within the neighborhood.
- I introduced the concept of having open space guidelines for residents-- three acres per 1000 residents.
- I never take for granted the revenue needed to fund the infrastructure, services, great employees and capital needed to build, and rebuild our city
- Occupation: Mediator
- Former Mayor & Councilmember
- Environmental Planning Commission: Commissioner 1996-1998
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Vice Chair 1995
- Chair, Nowthwest Watershed Advisory Committee, Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Lewis and Clark College, BA 1976
- Hastings College of the Law, JD 1982
- Develop affordable housing options to preserve Mountain View's unique community charactor
- Ensure sound fiscal decision making for a safe community
- Create a new Community Park, complete the Cuesta Park Annex and finish Stevens Creek Trail
- Occupation: Retired Aerospace Engineer
- Chair, Environmental Planning Commission
John R. McAlister
- Maintain the overall level of resident satisfaction with public safety and other services (Ref. Godbe Survey 2006).
- Judiciously manage city budget which has potential imminent challenges. Support and expand business rather than raising fees.
- Support the economical housing development that's consistent with job growth and economic vitality, generally along transportation corridors and the f
- Occupation: Business Owner
- 50 year resident of Mountain View
- Current member of Environmental Planning Commission
- Owner of Baskin Robbins in Mountain View
- Obtain my Certified Public Accountant certificate
- Business degree from UC Berkeley
- Served on School Council and PTA Treasurer
- Neighborhood Preservation
- Financial Strong City Government
- More Parks, Open Space and Sports Facilites
- Occupation: Senior Operations Manager - Loopt (Mountain View Startup)
- Strategic Operations Manager - AT&T
- U.S. State Department
- Stanford Alumni Association
- Residential Counselor - Stanford University
- U.S. House of Representatives - Page
- B.A. in Political Science, Minor in Economics from Stanford University
- Environmental and Fiscal Sustainability with proactive planning that will preserve our quality of life for future generations
- Balanced Growth and Development that meets our housing needs while maintaining our city's character
- Stronger Partnerships with Area Businesses, Schools, Surrounding Cities, and Community Organizations
- Occupation: Search Marketing Specialist
- Former Wealth Management professional
- Human Relations Commission, City of Mountain View
- Board Member, KMVT-15
- Community Service Chair, Mountain View Rotary
- VP-Finance, Silicon Valley Young Democrats
- Public Safety/Crime Prevention
- Ownership housing opportunities for city employees, teachers and residents
- Financial sustainability/Smart investing
- Occupation: Real Estate Agent
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Altos/Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Housing, Emissions, and Health.
- City of Mountain View
News and Analysis
KMVT Community Television
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.