(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- BA UOP '72 and 90 postgraduate units various colleges
- PTA Ruskin, Noble, Majestic Way & Chaboya schools
- Teen Club at Quimby Oak & Chaboya Schoools
- 35 years teaching experience, Evergreen & Berryessa schools
- Bilingual & Multicultural, travel to Asia, Europe & lain America
- Triple major; Spanish, Political Science & Inter-American Studies
- Honor employees by giving preference for Berryessa promotions, hire from within the District
- Supports measure W to provide school funding, promotes grant writing processing
- Wants to create fundraising coordinating committee for more effectiveness
- Occupation: Financial Analyst
- Master of Business Administration, SJSU
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance, SJSU
- Peace Officer Standards and Training Certificate, Evergreen Valley College
- Operational finance experience in the high tech sector
- Born and raised lifelong resident of the area
- Reserve Police Officer and community volunteer
David J. Neighbors
- Increase academic performances
- Promote fiscal responsibility
- Focus on student safety
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- B.S. in Business Admin. & M.S. Taxation from San Jose State University
- Tax - Partner-in Charge, Johanson & Yau Accountancy Corporation
- Lifelong resident and alum of Berryessa schools
- Trustee, The National Hispanic University
- Member, Berryessa Union School District Budget Committee
- Chair, Berryessa Union School District Bond Oversight Committee
Rudy N Nasol
- Provide improved oversight and transparency to district finances
- Encourage communication between District employees and trustees
- Promote additonal sources of revenue for the District
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Past Chair, SJ Parks & Recreation Commission
- Commissioner, SJ Community Development Block Grant
- Past President, Berryessa Citizens Adsvisory Council
- Delegate, California School Board Assn Delegate Assembly
- President (3x), SJ Maharlika Host Lions Club
- Facilities Project Manager, SJ Evergreen Comm College District
David S. Hernandez
- Continue to improve students academic performance beyond establish standards.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive curriculum program to ensure high quality student learning and better prepare our students in high school.
- Continue to enhance our physical facilities in order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our staff and students.
- Occupation: Program Director
- B.S. Loyola University, New Orleans
- M.S. Organizational Leadership Fall 2008
- PTA President, Majestic Way Elementary
- Chair, School Site Council, Majestic Way Elementary
- Member, Berryessa District Advisory Council
- Member, DELAC Sub Committee
- Increase collaboration amongst schools, community, parents, local business, and city and state.
- Increase Fiscal and Policy Accountability.
- Increase student achievement through adequate measureable assessments.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on State and Federal Funds, Instruction, and Future.
- Berryessa Union School District
- Berryessa Union School District Map
- How to Choose a School Board Candidate: What Every Voter Should Know
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.