(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Diane T. Gordon
- Occupation: Business Women/Incumbent
- BS Business Administration, San Jose State University
- Masters in Governance, California School Board Association
- Board of Trustees, CCOC/METRO Ed 2004-present
- Board President,Campbell Union High School District 2006-2007
- Board President, CCOC/ METRO ED 2008- present
- Close the achievement gap.
- Improve graduation rates
- Continue to build partnerships with community stake holders
- Occupation: Retired Principal
- 22 years as teacher, coach and activities director at Westmont HS
- 3 years as dean of students at Leigh HS
- 5 years as principal at Leigh HS
- Masters in Education
- Admnistrative and Lifetime Teaching credentials
- 20 years as basketball and tennis coach at Westmont and selected as CCS Honor Coach in 1990-91
- Put students first
- Campus safety for both students and staff
- Enhancing educational experiences for students with more course offerings in math, science and elective areas
- Occupation: School Board Member, Luther Burbank School District
- Clerk, LBSD Board of Trustees
- Delegate, Santa Clara County School Board Association
- BS, Santa Clara University
- District Representative, California State Senate (employment)
- Member, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials
Philip Reynolds, Jr.
- Academic achievement: closing the achievement gap and increasing graduation rates.
- Campus safety: providing a safe learning environment.
- Fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Occupation: Communications Technician
- Raised two sons through the public school system
- Spent many years active in PTA from Elementary through High School
- Volunteer for PAL and Pop Warner Football
- Founding President, Olinder Neighborhood Assoc. 3 terms, Co-Founder- Olinder Neighborhood Food Program
- U.S. Dept. Of Justice Volunteer / Organized National Neighborhoods Conference, Former Member- San Jose Strong Neighborhoods Initiative Team
- Interacted with gangs and San Jose "Right Connection" group, Graduate- SJ Citizen Police Academy
Dale I. Barr, O.D.
- Reducing the numbers of student drop outs by engaging students in the learning process
- Eliminate gang activity on campus and increase campus safety to create an enviroment conducive to learning
- Increase dialog and open communication with all schools within the district to ensure all parties are working toward the same goals
- Occupation: Optometrist in private practice
- Doctor of Optometry, UC Berkeley
- Moreland Elementary School District Personnel Commissioner
- Math Olympiad Instructor
- MS Electrical Engineering, Santa Clara University
- Father of two wonderful daughters
- Doting husband
- Ensure our programs are meeting all of our students where they are and moving them forward.
- Ensure our tax dollars are being wisely spent on programs that provide a good return on investment.
- Make sure this district runs like a business charged with increasing test scores and property values.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on State and Federal Funds, Instruction, and Future.
- Campbell Union High School District
- Great Schools
- "How to Choose a School Board Member"
News and Analysis
- October 22, 7:00 pm, Westmont High School, 4805 Westmont Avenue, Campbell
The Campbell Reporter
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.