(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Chris C. Constantin
(33.15%) in Santa Clara County
(31.18%) in Santa Cruz County
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Masters of Public Administration, Syracuse University
- B.S. Engineering, San Jose State University
- Police Officer Academy Certificate
- Chairman, West Valley-Mission Audit and Budget Oversight Committee
- City of San Jose Auditor - keeping government efficient
- Volunteer Police Officer
- Expand partnerships with local schools to give high school students advance courses and more academic options
- Enhance Police and Fire training programs to meet local demand for well trained workers
- Ensure the District used public funds efficiently, minimizes waste, and provides excellent academics
(30.22%) in Santa Clara County
(30.58%) in Santa Cruz County
- Occupation: Management Consultant/Voter Registration Program Director
- Management experience in Finance, Information Systems, Manufacturing Operations, and Materials/Procurement
- Director of Voter Registration and Community Services - Santa Clara County Democratic Party Executive Board
- 2007 Madge Overhouse Awardee - Volunteer of the Year - Santa Clara County Democratic Party
- CA Democratic Party Delegate & E-Board Rep, AD24
- Co-Chair/Treasurer of committee that brought Prof. George Lakoff to San Jose in 2005 before an audience of 1,100
- Increasing student enrollment to strengthen funding stream
- Providing careful and creative fiscal oversight in a difficult economic climate
- Fostering an atmosphere of openness and accountability in district operations
(29.72%) in Santa Clara County
(30.84%) in Santa Cruz County
- Occupation: Educational Business Consultant
- BA Economics - San Jose State University
- Co-Host / Executive Producer "Issues Today" Community Television Forum
- West Valley - Mission Community College District Advancement Foundation Board of Directors
- Santa Clara County Human Relations Award for Community Service
- Junior Achievement of Santa Clara County Board of Directors
- Former Assistant Director SJSU Department Relations with Schools and Colleges
Kathi N. Tran
- Development of a corporate partnership program to pay faculty competitive salaries, to attract and retain quality instructors.
- Develop a strategic plan to meet faculty housing needs.
- Serve as community ambassador to obtain needed funding to improve campus facilities and curriculum.
(6.91%) in Santa Clara County
(6.72%) in Santa Cruz County
- Occupation: Insurance Sales Agent & Student
- Current Student at West Valley College, Transferring to San Jose State--Spring 2009
- Licensed Notary Public
- Bulletin Editor, Kiwanis Club of San Jose, CA
- Past 2-Term Student Trustee, West Valley-Mission Community College District Board of Trustee
- Past Student Member, California Community College Board of Trustees
- Past Secretary, Student Senate for California Community Colleges
- Providing a Quality Education to the Students we serve by Strengthening Distance Learning and Increasing the Number of Course offerings
- Making the District's Fiscal Responsibilities and Budget Allocation Process more Transparent
- Ensuring Measure H Projects are being completed on-schedule and within Budget
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Board's Role, and Goals.
- West Valley-Mission Community College District
News and Analysis
- September 9, 6:00 pm West Valley-Mission College Trustees, 7:15 pm Judge #8 Runoff, 8:00 pm Congressional District 14, West Valley College's Baltic Room, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.