(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Diane Ritchie, Esq.
- Occupation: Attorney/Mediator, Santa Clara County
- My 27 years of experience in both civil and criminal law make me uniquely qualified to be a Superior Court judge.
- As a mediator, I have the highest settlement rate in the state for the Dept. of Fair Employment & Housing, and the same rate in private mediations.
- As a Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney, I prosecuted important cases including child molest.
- As a civil attorney, I have handled cases in many areas of law from employment law and family law, to real estate, and personal injury.
- I have handled more than a thousand cases including more than a hundred bench and jury trials and been a judge Pro Tem in Superior Court.
- I have taught law for universities, law schools, and high technology companies.
- Help people resolve disputes quickly.
- Treat people fairly and with respect. Make sure people understand the law that applies to their case.
- Protect our community.
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- A veteran homicide prosecutor with more than 30 years experience and a law school professor for 18 years.
- Endorsed by 60+ Superior Court Judges and Commissioners, District Attorney Dolores Carr and Sheriff Laurie Smith.
- Former staff attorney for Attorney General Janet Reno, consulting on the prosecution of federal murder cases.
- Highest rating for legal ability and ethics. Named Outstanding Prosecutor by the Santa Clara County District Attorney
- Honored by the San Jose Police Department when named winner of their Excellence in Prosecution Award.
- Contributing author for 7 books on ethics, criminal law, trial procedures and evidence.
- Follow the law and reach a fair result in every case
- Treat every litigant, attorney and juror with dignity and respect
- Maintain the highest standards for integrity and fairness
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Sentencing, Experience, and Bias.
- Judicial Code of Ethics, Canon 5
- "Judicial Candidates Shall Refrain From Inappropriate Political Activity"
- California State Bar Association
- September 9, 6:00 pm West Valley-Mission College Trustees, 7:15 pm Judge #8 Runoff, 8:00 pm Congressional District 14, West Valley College's Baltic Room, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga
- Video of Candidate Forum held on October 18
- produced by the Palo Alto League of Women Voters in partnership with the Midpeninsula Community Media Center
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.