(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Criminal Prosecutor
- 17 years as Deputy District Attorney
- 88 felony jury trials; 43 murder trials
- 6 years Hardcore Gang Division
- Graduated UCLA School of Law, 1990
- Community involvement - Boyle Heights, Watts
- For details, see http://www.tomrubinson4judge.com
- Base rulings on the facts and the rule of law, not any political agenda.
- Never forget my overriding commitment to justice and fairness.
- Treat all parties, litigants, jurors, and observers with respect, and listen.
- Occupation: Superior Court Referee
- Appointed in 2000 by the Superior Court to perform duties of a Judge
- Presided over hundreds of serious juvenile criminal trials (adjudications), including murder, robbery, assault and gang and firearm charges
- 2004 "Outstanding Judicial Officer" - Juvenile Courts Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, Criminal Procedure; Certificate Recognition, "Distinguished Professor and Extraordinary Community Leader" - Peoples College of Law
- Board of Governors - Women Lawyers Association LA, Chair Criminal Justice; CA Asian-Pacific Am Judges Assn; ABA Minorities in the Judiciary
- Previously trial attorney representing abused and neglected children in juvenile dependency matters
- To make the Justice System more responsive to the community that it serves.
- Treat all who come before me with respect, patience and fairness so that all will feel their voices were heard.
- Justice is not just about incarceration; Justice also includes individualized justice and consideration of rehabilitation.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Sentencing, and Media coverage.
- Superior Court of California,
County of Los Angeles
One-Minute Introductory Statements
Interviews with all ten Judicial Candidates scheduled for webcast or broadcast
News and Analysis
- Channel LA36
(expect to see about 1-1/2 minutes of announcements while program loads)
- Torrance Channel 28
October 15 - 28, 8:00 pm
October 29 - November 3, 7:00 pm
L.A. County Bar Association
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.