(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Energy Research Engineer
- HSU Schatz Energy Research Center 1997-Present
- B.S. Environmental Resources Engineering, HSU, Phi Beta Kappa, 2003
- Member, City of Arcata Planning Commission, 2000-Present
- Started Humboldt Energy Independence Fund (HEIF) & HSU 100% Recycled Paper Program
- HSU Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT) Steering Committee, 2000-Present
- Member of Green Wheels Board
- "Tough Love" approach for helping the homeless
- Support prop. 215 and medical marijuana; shut down large-scale, illegal grow houses
- Smart Growth, Renewable Energy, Sustainability, local services and infrastructure
- Occupation: School Board Member, NHUHSD
- Born and raised in Arcata.
- Grassroots Community Organizer & part-time Office Assistant.
- Campaign Manager for County Supervisor Mark Lovelace.
- Former Member, Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee.
- Former volunteer for The Placebo, The Tenants' Union, Democracy Unlimited, Food Not Bombs, and many other community groups.
- Student, musician, writer, and Crabs baseball enthusiast.
- ECONOMY: Living-Wage Jobs & Local Economic Development.
- HOUSING: Affordable Homes & Protections for Renters.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Green Energy, Public Transportation, & Bike Trails.
- Occupation: Executive Director, Jacoby Creek Land Trust
- HSU Lecturer - sustainable agriculture, initiated Arcata Educational Farm
- Consultant - County of Humboldt, General Plan & Economic Development
- Energy Research Engineer, Schatz Energy Research Center
- Willow Creek Farms, owner 1983-1995
- MS Environmental Systems
- BS Environmental Resources Engineer
Michael J. Machi
- Economic Development
- Energy efficiency
- Restore respect on streets & in parks
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Education: BA (Geography 1979) and teaching credential from Humboldt State University.
- 4 year Veteran, U.S. Coast Guard bookkeeper and search and rescue crewman.
- Lifelong Humboldt County resident and 35 year Arcata resident.
Jason A. Grow
- Improving and expanding Arcata's public safety capabilities.
- Maintaining City streets, sidewalks and trails.
- Protecting Arcata's quality of life by strongly supporting Arcata's General Plan 2020
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.