(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Patricia "Pat" Low
- Occupation: Educator
- Educational Nonprofit Project Director
- Educational Evaluator and Researcher
- Public School Teacher
- University Lecturer
- PhD Education, Stanford University
- BA English University of California. Berkeley
- Prepare ALL Albany students to succeed in and contribute to an increasingly global, information based society.
- Improve the inclusion of ALL parents, community members and businesses in the education of Albany students
- Meet the academic, enrichment and daycare needs of ALL Albany families.
- Occupation: Educator, Appointed Incumbent
- 37 years as an East Bay Public Educator
- Collaborative innovator as Principal at Albany High School
- 34 year Albany resident
- Teaching, counseling, and administrative experience and leadership
- Appointed to the Albany School Board July, 2007
- Knowledge and strength in all areas of public school operation
- Developing strong, broad curriculum to engage all students at all grade levels, while ensuring equity of education for all.
- Supporting all members of the educational comunity: students. parents/guardians, teachers, staff and administrators.
- Ensuring fiscal health of the District, and providing for open and collaborative decision making.
- Occupation: Animal Control Officer
- Ocean View P.T.A. President for two years.
- Ocean View P.T.A. Secretary for one year.
- Ocean View Elementary School Site Council for two years.
- Albany Middle School PTA Secretary
- Albany Middle School Site Council for two years.
- School Board Appointee to the Albany Park and Recreation Commission
- Stop accepting inter-district transfers at the 3 Elementary, Middle, & High Schools, (except for the children of district staff)
- Improving the educational options for students at Albany High (smaller campuses within a campus).
- Maintain a balanced budget with no cuts to Teaching Staff or Support Staff.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Tuesday, October 14 at Northbrae Church, 741 The Alameda, Berkeley (in Haver Hall). 8:15-9:15 pm.
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany & Emeryville.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.