(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Mill Worker
- Union Organizer 1999-2004. Member since 1974
- Past and Present Member of the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee
- President of Association of Western Pulp and PaperWorkers local 49
- Board of Directors for the Humboldt Domestic Violence Services
- Board of Directors for the Samoa Peninsula Fire District
- Director/Organizer/Coach of many Youth and Adult sport Teams/ Tournaments/Leagues
- Educate fellow democrats
- Help with voter registration, participation and turnout
- Spread Democratic principles district wide
- Occupation: Homemaker and student
- Seven year member Humboldt County Democratic committee
- HCDCC Ways and Means Committee Chair
- Delegate to State Democratic conventions
- Served on state legislative staff, and numerous campaigns
- Board of Directors, College of the Redwoods Foundation
- Member, Eureka Redevelopment Advisory Board
Pamela F. "Pam" Service
- Educate and elect Democratic candidates
- Increase voter registration and participation
- Maintain organization and year-round headquarters
- Occupation: museum director
- 9 year member Humboldt Democratic Central Committee, past vice chair
- BA Political Science UC Berkeley, MA history University of London,
- delegate to state and national Democratic conventions,
- 20 year city council member in Bloomington, IN
- Eureka Plan Commission member, past Historic Preservation Commission member,
- North Coast Repertory Theater board, author of 22 books, fiction and non-fiction,
Robert G. "Bob" Service
- maintaining a year-round Humboldt Democratic headquarters
- conducting a door-to-door voter registration drive
- working hard to elect Democrats at all levels
- Occupation: Retired university professor
- CA Democratic Party District 1 (North Coast) Democrat of the Year 2004
- Eight-year member Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee
- HCDCC Operations Committee Chair, former Finance Committee Chair
- Served on congressional and state legislative staff
- Served on presidential, gubernatorial, congressional, and municipal campaign staffs
- Active in grassroots Democratic politics since 1968
- Elect the candidates of the Democratic Party in 2008
- Increase voter registration, participation, and turnout
- Extend party organization down to the precinct level
- Occupation: Social Worker
- Social Worker with Humboldt County Dept. of Health and Human Services CalWORKS Program
- 35-year-old writer, political activist, satirist, and regular contributor to numerous nationally-syndicated and local progressive radio shows
- Bring change to America by electing Democratic Senator Barack Obama to become our 44th President of the United States
- End the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. Reverse the foreign policy stance of the current administration.
- Bring democracy back to America by reforming our electoral process, requiring hand-counted paper ballots instead of privatized computerized voting
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.