(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jane E. Brunner
- Occupation: Councilmember
- Masters Degree, Special Education
- Law Degree
Patrick Kevin "Pat" McCullough
- Working with police and prevention programs to reduce crime
- Creating livable neighborhoods with good jobs, affordable housing, and thriving commercial districts
- Cooperating with the School District to improve the Oakland Public Schools
- Occupation: Attorney/Electronics Technician
- J.D., San Francisco Law School
- B.A., Golden Gate University
- Honorably Discharged U.S. Navy
- Union Steward 1997 -2007
- Graduate, San Francisco Renaissance Entrepreneurship Training Center
- Crime reduction
- Eliminating the budget deficit
- Economic growth
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Oakland has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Public Input, Records Management, and City/School District Cooperation.
- Click here to read about the candidates in the League of Women Voters of Oakland's Easy Voter Guide, Oakland Edition
Rebroadcast of League of Women Voters' Forum
- Date: Thursday, May 15
Time: 8:45-9:15 PM
Place: College Avenue Presbyterian Church, 5951 College Ave.
Sponsor: Rockridge Community Planning Council
- Date: Wednesday, May 14
Time: 8 - 9 PM
Place:Piedmont Gardens, 110 41st Street, 11th Floor
Sponsor: Piedmont Avenue Neighborhood Improvement League (PANIL)
- Date: Friday, April 11
Time: 8 - 8:45 PM
Place: Oakland City Hall, Hearing Room 1
Sponsor: League of Women Voters of Oakland
- The public is encouraged to attend and submit their written questions for the candidates.
- This forum will be broadcast live on KTOP, Cable Channel 10 and rebroadcast several times before the June 3, 2008 Primary Election.
- See http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/streaming-video/2008.html for dates of rebroadcasts.
News and Analysis
- Date:Wednesday, May 28
Time: Approx. 4:15 - 5 PM
Channel:KTOP Cable Channel 10
- Date: Friday, April 25
Time: 8 - 8:45 PM
Channel: KTOP Cable Channel 10
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.