(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Eric K. Busch
- Occupation: Environmental Engineer/Councilmember
- Mayor Pro Tem, City of El Segundo
- El Segundo Business Recruitment Task Force
- South Bay Cities Council of Governments Representative
- Reach Out Against Drugs commttee member
- Occupation: Director Information Technology for Glentek in El Segundo
- Served on City Council 1984 - 1996, Mayor 1988 - 1996 (Did not seek re-election in 1996)
- 2007 El Segundo Citizen of the Year
- El Segundo Chamber of Commerce Board Member, Committee Chair & member
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- El Segundo Unified School District "C" & "E" Bond Executive Committees
- Planning Commission 1982 - 1983
- For the past 30 years, I have worked to prevent negative impacts upon El Segundo from LAX and I will continue to.
- Our schools are not part of city government, but they are an important part of our community. I helped draft the joint use agreements in prior years.
- It is crucial that the city be prudent in the financial realm. Other priorities include Disaster Preparedness & Public Safety
- Occupation: School District Superintendent
- El Segundo Capital Improvement Commission
- El Segundo LAXMAC - former committee Chair
- El Segundo Cable TV Committee Member
- El Segundo Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- El Segundo Chamber of Commerce former Tresurer
- Chamber of Commerce Public Service Award, 2008
David S. Burns
- Explore the feasibility of a private assisted living center
- Develope a city policy on local filming that is supportive of residents, downtown business and our schools.
- Continue to represent the needs of our city in dealing with LAX
- Occupation: Emergency Manager - UCLA (25-Year Public Safety Official)
- Director - El Segundo Super Saturday CPR Annual Event (1999-2006), Volunteer 2007
- Director & Lead Program Instructor, El Segundo FD CERT (Community Emergency Response Team, 2000-2006), current volunteer
- Chairman - El Segundo Business & Industry Preparedness Committee (1999-2006)
- Board of Director's, California Emergency Services Association (CESA), Southern Chapter (2000 to 2007)
- 1st Vice-Chair, Universities & College Committee (International Association of Emergency Managers - IAEM)
- FEMA Best Practice Award - 2003
Cindee L Topar
- LAX Runway Safety & Constraining Growth - ensuring LAX/LA City officials honor their commitment to north runway safety and limit growth
- Solve the parking problems, work & partner with our businesses, and promote better, progressive communication
- Ensure fiscal responsibility, balanced budgets, w/o raiding reserves, maintaining our "Mayberry" look and feel.
- Occupation: Flight Attendant
- Parks and Recreation commissioner
- PTA nominating chair
- Guide Dog Puppy Raiser for 12 years
- AYSO past board member
- Tree Musketeers volunteer
- Super CPR Saturday voluteer
John Dragone, Jr.
- Public Safety
- No LAX Expansion
- Listening to community input
- Occupation: Court Videographer/ Self Employed
- Member: El Segundo Community Cable Advisory Commission
- Greek Heritage Society of Southern California, Executive Board Member
- Nassau County Auxilliary Police, Patrol Officer, Ret.
- To find ways to eliminate financial waste in our city government.
- To monitor our air quality and to find and implement ways business can pollute less in our city.
- To continue efforts on LAX to maintain safety and proper growth.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of El Segundo
- City Profile
- date: Wednesday March 12, 2008
time: 6:00-8:00 pm
place: Hacienda Hotel,
525 N Sepulveda Bl, El Segundo 90245
conducted by: LWV Beach Cities
co-sponsor: El Segundo Chamber of Commerce
TV coverage: El Segundo Community Cable (Time Warner Cable channels 3 & 22)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.