(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Bonnie B. (Brigance) Leadbetter
63.4% Yes votes ......
36.6% No votes
- Occupation: President Judge, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD
- Rice University, BA
- 11 years as a judge
- first woman to be President Judge of Commonwealth Court
- 10 years as a state and federal prosecutor
- 15 years private practice of law
Doris A. Smith-Ribner
- thorough and fair consideration of all cases
- excellent level of scholarship
- highest level of personal and professional integrity
62.9% Yes votes ......
37.1% No votes
- Occupation: Judge - Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania - elected 1987
- Pittsburgh University School of Law - J.D. Law Degree - 1972
- Appointed to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas by the Govenor of PA in 1984
- Private law practice (civil and criminal litigation in state and federal courts) Served as Solicitor to the Allegheny County Controller (5 years)
- Served as Hearing Committee Member - PA Supreme Court Disciplinary Board (4 years)
- Participated in many community and civic organizations, including Friends Indeed, Inc., youth mentoring program
- Pittsburgh University School of Law "Outstanding Alumna Award"
Bernard L. McGinley
- Top priorities include my continued focus on promoting judicial independence
- along with performing my judicial duties in an ethical, fair and impartial manner and without political influence or favor.
62.8% Yes votes ......
37.2% No votes
- Occupation: Judge, Commonwealth Court of PA
- Juris Doctorate, University of Pittsburgh 1970
- U.S. Army Reserve, Captain, Honorably Discharged 1976
- Assistant District Attorney, Allegheny County, 1971-75
- Allegheny County Board of Viewers, Chair 1975-80
- Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge 1982-88
- Commonwealth Court Judge 1988 - present
- To follow my oath of office ...
- Maintain institutional independence...
- Maintain decisional independence...
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data|
State of Pennsylvania
PA Bar Association
Pennsylvanians For Modern Courts
League of Women Voters
Justice At Stake
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.