(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joan Orie Melvin
67.0% Yes votes ......
33.0% No votes
Correale F. Stevens
63.9% Yes votes ......
36.1% No votes
- Occupation: Judge, Superior Court
- J.D. Dickinson Law School (law review)
- B.A. Political Science, Penn State (National Poli Sci Honorary)
- Elected, Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Luzerne County (1991)
- Elected, District Attorney of Luzerne County (1988-1991)
- Elected, PA House of Representatives (1980,1982,1984,1986)
- received Outstanding Young Pennsylvanian Award
John L. Musmanno
- Continue to decide cases in a fair and impartial manner
- Continue to hold argument court sessions in counties across the state to make court more accessible
- Continue to provide educational seminars to lawyers, civic groups, students, community groups
62.1% Yes votes ......
37.9% No votes
- Occupation: Judge, Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- J.D. Vanderbilt Law School (assistant editor, law review)
- B.A. Washington & Jefferson College, (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Elected, Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County (1982-1997)
- Judicial Conduct Board (2001-2005)
- Court of Judicial Discipline (2005-Present)
- Continue to work hard because of the tremendous volume of cases per year (8,000)
- Continue to decide cases in a fair an impartial manner
- Televise more argument sessions so that the public has a better understanding of the work of the courts
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data|
State of Pennsylvania
PA Bar Association
Pennsylvanians For Modern Courts
League of Women Voters
Justice At Stake
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.