(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- San Mateo City Councilman and two-time past Mayor,
- 28-year resident of San Mateo
- Board Member & former Chair, San Mateo County
- Member of the Beresford/Hillsdale Neighborhood
- 27-year member of the San Mateo Rotary Club
- Retired Senior Vice President, Telogy, Inc.
John A. "Jack" Matthews, Jr.
- Enhancing Public Safety & Reducing Traffic Congestion
- Improving Parks and Recreation Programs & Sustainable Green Initiatives
- Spurring Economic Development, Good Jobs, and Affordable Housing
- Occupation: Architect
- BArch Cal Poly 1972
- Member of City Council and Mayor for 2007
- Served 8 Years on Planning Commission
- Architectural Office in San Mateo established in 1986
- My wife, Patricia, and I moved to San Mateo in 1973 and raised our four children there.
- Served on Board of Directors for HIP Housing 9 years
Bertha H. Sanchez
- Successful implementation of the Transportation Corridor Plan
- San Mateo's Downtown revitalization, a civic plaza
- Balance the pressures of development with maintaining quality of life
- Occupation: Registered Nurse, ER
- Former City Planning Commisioner
- Community Activist
- Emergency Department Nurse, Mill-Peninsula Hospitals
- Bachelor of Science, University of San Francisco - Masters of Science, University of California /SF
- Economic Development Committee Member - San Mateo City
- Leadership Advisory Board Member - San Mateo/ Foster City/Burlingame/Hillsborough
Anne Catherine Arnold
- PRESERVE AND ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR RESIDENTS
- DEVELOP A REAL PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN RESIDENTS AND GOVERNMENT
- MAINTAIN A BALANCE BETWEEN BUSINESS AND RESIDENTS' NEEDS
- Occupation: Attorney
- Women's Rights Activist
- President, Hillsdale West Homeowner's Association
- Member, State Bar of California Environmental Legislation Committee
- BA, University of California, Davis
- JD, Golden Gate University
- Marathon runner
- To ease traffic problems in our City of San Mateo
- To halt unchecked development and promote reasonable growth
- Increase affordable housing and stop school violence
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.