Ranked choice votes not required
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Sheriff of San Francisco
- B.A., History, St. John's University 1970
- J.D., School of Law, University of San Francisco 1973
- Founder, San Francisco Prisoner Legal Services 1974
- Elected Sheriff of San Francisco 1979
- Law Enforcement News Man of the Year 1987
- Founder, Five Keys Charter High School 2003
- To operated safe, secure and progressive county jails.
- To hire a workforce that reflects the community & its values.
- To contribute to a safer community through modern law enforcement.
- Occupation: Deputy Sheriff
- 16 years in Law Enforcement with the San Francisco Sheriff Department
- President of the Deputy Sheriff's Association
- Elected Member of the San Francisco Democratic Central Committee
- Current Delegate to San Francisco Labor Council
- Community Youth Center, Board of Directors
- 20 year volunteer for Self-Help for the Elderly
- I will take a hands-on approach to running the department and I will lead the community through consensus.
- I will plan for a Sheriff's Department for the future, one that is a leader and a mentor in our communities.
- I will increase programs and funds for youth programs to prevent the continued escalation of the City's crime rate.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters of San Francisco
- Candidate Forum
- check our website events calendar for details about the forum for candidates for mayor on Tuesday, October 9th!
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.