Los Angeles County, CA
November 6, 2007 Election
HIGHER ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
BROADER EXTRACURRICULARS AND ACTIVITIES
- Market and improve the Academic Performance Index of our schools to attract more families and funding, while advocating greater local control of our schools.
- Bring representatives from top 2-year and 4-year universities to campuses early and often to ingrain students with college expectations and give recruiters familiarity with our district.
- Better inform students about little-known scholarships, fellowships, and other financial aid.
STRONGER ALUMNI RELATIONS
- Achievement cannot be defined by testing alone; engage students with expanded extracurriculars, unique summer learning opportunities, study abroad, and diverse internships.
- Build a strong alumni network of recent grads and young professionals who can give back with student mentorship, college admissions advice, career guidance, and fundraising.
- Invest in technology and construction that saves money long-term by reducing energy and maintenance costs; make our district the model for economic and environmental efficiency.
- Fight childhood obesity by making nutrition education available to all families; ensure only healthy foods are available on campus and incorporate more fruit and vegetable offerings.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2007 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 5, 2007 16:39
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.