(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jay F. Chen
- Occupation: Business Consultant/Entrepreneur
- Harvard University Honors graduate ('01); Marine Corps NROTC scholarship recipient
- Product of Hacienda-La Puente public school system: Glen A. Wilson High School ('96), Mesa Robles Middle School ('92)
- International Leo of the Year, awarded by Lions Clubs International
- Fluent in Mandarin and Spanish, former travel writer for Let's Go
- Real estate investor and portfolio manager (current)
- Bain & Company management consultant ('02-'04)
- Ensure that district funds are used wisely, efficiently, and transparently
- Fight declining enrollment by staunching the flow of HLPUSD students to other districts
- Provide students with a well-rounded education, not just test-taking skills
- Occupation: School Board Member
- Lived in Hacienda Heights for 27 years
- Retired postal supervisor
- Two children are graduates of Hacienda La Puente USD
- Historic four terms (16 years) on the Hacienda La Puente School Board
- Founder of "I Love My Teachers" recognition program
- Volunteer for the Lions Club, American Red Cross, and the United Way
John M. Eckman
- Improve the academic standards of our students and teaching competence of our teachers
- Ensure equal allocation of resources and programs for schools in both the La Puente and Hacienda Heights areas
- Prepare our students to compete more effectively in the global economy
Barbara "B. J." Moore
- Occupation: Director Operations/Parent
- Occupation: Public School Administrator
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Arts in Metaphysics
- Master of Arts in Educational Administration
- Bi- Lingual English- Spanish
- Career educator of 30 years
- Taught English & Spanish
- Currently employed by LAUSD, Assistant Principal
Erica (Lemos) Holloway
- Competitive salaries and benefits for all district employees
- Safe Schools-Zero Tolerance on Drugs, Violence, and bullying & gangs
- Support Closing the Achievement Gap to raise test scores.
- Occupation: Elementary School Teacher
- Masters in Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- Nominated for Teacher of the Year
- Worked for local school districts for over 15 years
- Currently working as an elementary school teacher with over nine years experience
- Married, mother of two
- Dedicated to supporting the needs of our students and ensuring that our students receive a complete and quality education
- Support teachers and give them the resources needed to perform their job effectively.
- Ensure that school funds are used appropriately for our students.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.