(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
C. Scott Zeidman
- Occupation: Attorney/Business Owner
- Father of an 8 year old (3rd Grade/El Marino) and a 3 year old (joining CCUSD in 2008)
- Culver City resident since 1972
- Culver City High School Graduate ('80), Culver City Junior High School ('77), and Farragut Elementary School ('74)
- Bachelor of Science from Loyola Marymount University ('84) and Juris Doctorate from UC Davis ('90)
Steven M. "Steve" Gourley
- Communicating with our residents so that we can increase community participation in our schools.
- Getting a hold on our enrollment with the distinct possibility of limiting permits to an extent so that we can better educate Culver City students.
- Ensuring that we recruit and maintain the best possible teachers and staff
- Occupation: Financial Attorney
- Safe, Secure, and Clean Schools for the Students
- Smaller Class Sizes
- Listen to voters, parents, teachers, students
- Occupation: Retired Juvenile Probation Officer & Computer Programmer
- Culver City resident with wife Annette (Professor at UCLA) since 1991.
- HSA recipient 2004; (co) President PTA Farragut; ABC Project Founder
- PTA Committees: Historian; Traffic/Safety; Art; Playground Improvement; Multiplication Tables Project
- Community Service: (co) Founder two Culver City Scout Troops; Coached two Sally Ride Toy Challenge teams (National Math & Science Contest)
- Two Culver City School daughters, McKenna at CCMS, Katherine at CCHS
- BA in History, California State University, Dominguez Hills
Michael W. Eskridge
- Safety in and around schools, including traffic control.
- Balance enrollment process through scrutiny of permit process and teacher retention to optimize class sizes.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with parents, teachers, & community members to be an informed representative at school board meetings.
- Occupation: Businessman/Florist
- Culver Elementary School, Culver Junior High School, Culver High School
- Santa Monica College, Brigham Young University, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Southern California
- California School Boards Association Masters of Boardsmanship, Florist Transworld Deliver Association Master Designer Degree
- Owner Culver Center Flowers, Inc. Culver City Flower Shop
- Married 31years, father of Adam (25) and Brian (23)Culver City High School. Wife Patty, first grade teacher Farragut Elementary.
- Expanding educational options for all children to learn at their own level.
- Holding a hard line on discipline so all children feel safe at schools.
- Accountability at all levels of the educational system.
- Occupation: Businessman/Attorney
- Member Community Budget Advisory Committee
- Member Site Council
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School Class 1997
- BA Political Science Univ. of Mass. 1975
- Married to Teri Scott for 24 years
- Proud Dad to Chani, Monika and Lee
- Communication and outreach to families, teachers and community
- Public preparation to address the fiscal issues of declining enrollent
- Continued growth and improvement of excellent education for our students
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Culver City Unified School District
LWV/PTA Candidate Forum
- date: Tuesday October 16
place: Linwood E. Howe School Auditorium
moderator: Barbara Inatsugu
for more info, or to submit questions in advance: email@example.com
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.