(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Hilary D. Laconte
- Occupation: Parent
- M.A., Education, Claremont Graduate University
- Adjunct Assoc. Professor, Claremont Graduate University, Teacher Education; Adjunct Assoc. Prof., Chaffey Cmty. College, Child Development
- Claremont Unifed School District, Classroom Teacher, Vista del Valle (1989-1995); Substitute Teacher (1996-June 2007)
- Parent Participation on Parent Faculty Assoc.: President of Claremont CUSD-wide PFA (2005/6), Member-at-Large on El Roble PFA and CPFA
- Community Participation: Uncommon Good, LWV, Stone Center for Children's Books, Curtain Raisers, Foothill Philharmonic, CUMC Nursery School Board
- Married; two sons attending Claremont Unifed schools
Elizabeth "Beth" Bingham
- Conitinuing progress in the reform of Claremont High School and San Antonio High School.
- Broadening the range of curriculum to ensure that each student leaves our district with access to a wide range of academic and/or career paths.
- Ensuring that individual program and financial policies are viewed in the context of a coherent long-range plan.
- Occupation: Minister
- Past Chair, CUSD Budget Advisory Committee
- Claremont School Parent Volunteer 1997-2007
- Chair Fairplex Child Development Center Early Education Board
- Chair, Claremont Youth Partnership
- B.A. Cornell College M.A.R. Yale Divinity School, Doctor of Ministry Garrett Seminary
- Married, one son
Barbara J. Miller
- Nurturing the special talents and needs of each student for their success
- creating a healthy environment for learning
- Valuing teachers and staff and providing comprehensive professional development for excellence
- Occupation: Retired after 18 years in the public school system
- Bachelor of Science, UCLA; UCLA Alumni Association Merit Scholarship Committee
- Past PTA President, delegate to State of California PTA Council (Wiseburn School District)
- Assistant to the Superintendent, Beverly Hills Unified School District; Classified Personnel Director, Ojai USD, Labor Relations Specialist, CSEA
- Past National Secretary-Treasurer, Air Transport Association; Past Program Chair, League of Women Voters (Centinela Valley Chapter); YWCA Board Member
- President, Board of Trustees, Club Terrace HOA; Claremont Meals on Wheels; Past President, Board of Trustees, Encino Oaks HOA
- Three daughters, six grandchildren
- Strengthening instructional practices to ensure high levels of student achievement
- Supporting prudent fiscal management that ensures additional resources for the classroom that will attract and retain high quality staff
- Ensuring that students are prepared for higher education while providing alternative choices for non-college bound students
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Claremont Unified School District
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.