(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sophia M. Tse
- Occupation: Educator/Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science of Nursing, California State Univeristy, Long Beach
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/Manager/Educator
- Chairwoman for CCASC and Board Member
- Team Mom for soccer club team & AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization)
- Elementary School Site Council Board Member
- Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) Board Member 3rd to 12th Grade
- Attract and retain high quality teachers, Continue Community Outreach Programs.
- Maintain a balanced budget, Increase parental involvement & awareness.
- Improve test scores, Enhance intervention program for at-risk youth.
Maynard G. Law
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
Louise R. Dodson
- Occupation: Retired Educator/Administrator
- Occupation: Incumbent
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Deputy Probation Officer for L. A. County
Sally Morales Havice
- All Students Learning
- Safe Schools and Healthy Students
- Increase Parent and Community Partnership
- Occupation: Retired Legislator/Educator
- Occupation: Professor
- Actice AFT member since 1987
- President/CEO of The ABC School Foundation/The League of Korean American Mid South
- Educator and college professor for over 40 years
- Fifteen years as an educational trainer for the United Nations in Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Italy
- Received a B.S. and M.S. in mechanical engineering
- Received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Dunham, UK.
Howard Y. Kim
David N. Shaffer
- Neighborhood Office Hour- Paul will be able to assist every family of the community though a service called "Neighborhood Office Hour"
- Upgrading Higher Performance Schools- Paul wants to raise the national ranking of our schools to assure that some reach the top 100 in the nation.
- ABC School Foundation- If elected, Paul will implement a plan for the ABC School Foundation through which he will work to raise funds.
- Occupation: Businessman/Parent
- Bachelors Degree in Business Marketing
- Master of Arts Degree in International Business
- Basketball Coach at Curran Jr. High
- Volunteer Coach for Cerritos Recreation Department
- Concerned Parent with a child in the ABC School District
- Build partnerships between the board and the parents of our community
- Improve the food services, and push for safety in our schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- ABC Unified School District
- date: Monday October 8, 2007
time: 6:30 pm
place: Cerritos City Council Chambers
18125 Bloomfield Av, Cerritos
conducted by: AAUW of La Palma-Cerritos
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.