League of Women Voters of New York
Westchester County, NY
September 18, 2007 Election
Family Court Judge; Westchester County; Democratic Party Voter Information
10 Year Term Ending 2017.
You can vote in this contest only if registered in the Democratic party.
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Westchester County Family Court Support Magistrate
- Experienced Family and Matrimonial Law Practitioner
- Former New York County Assistant District Attorney
- Experienced Litigator
Charles F. "Charlie" Devlin
- The Needs of Families in Our Community
- To serve Westchester County in the highest capacity possible by promoting confidence in an objective, compassionate and inclusive judiciary
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Family Court Judge
- Acting Supreme Court Justice
- County Court Judge
- NY State Director of Guardian and Fiduciary Services--statewide office of the Unified Court System coordinating Guardianship Courts in all 62 Counties
- Attorney-in-charge of all Guardianship Courts in 9th Judicial District of NYS Supreme Court
- Special Referee hearing guardianship, matriminial and family law cases
- Law Clerk to Justices of the Supreme Court, Appellate Term, Appellate Division, Family Court (NYC) and Criminal Court (NYC)
- Developing Family Court as an integrated and problem solving court, treating families and their problems in a coordinated approach
- Introducing "Resource Coordinators" in every courtroom and developing a case management approach to problem solving
- Establishing evening hours in Family Court for at least one day a week, beginning with support cases
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: November 6, 2007 11:25 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.