- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Judge, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Received the highest possible recommendation from Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Worked his way through law school while serving as a probation officer; was elected to the bench in 1991
- Serves on the Court of Judicial Discipline, hearing cases where formal charges have been filed against judicial officers
- Earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Villanova University, Juris Doctor degree from Widener University
- Administrative Judge of Family Court for 4 years, having saved taxpayer dollars and allowing much-needed resources to be directed to criminal trials
- Pennsylvania Bar Association calls him "an outstanding candidate for the position of justice of the Supreme Court"