Westchester County, NY
May 15, 2007 Election
Paul Doyle's responses to the PTA Council's questionaire
With a degree in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University I have public sector and management training; but my professional experience may be even more important. As a small business owner, I deal with the responsible allocation of resources every day while at the same time steering an organization to long term goals.
- Length of time lived in the District: 18 years
- Children attending/graduated Eastchester public schools (school, grade, etc): 4: Kelly + tenth grade (EHS); Sarah -seventh grade (EMS); Paul (Trey) - fourth grade (Greenvale); Willie + kindergarten (Waverly)
- List names of schools you attended, dates attended and degrees received: Carnegie Mellon University. B.S. Public Policy and Management, 1983.
- Occupation: Television Producer + Executive Producer/Partner, Bombo Sports & Entertainment.
- List any school-related activities, volunteer or paid, including as School Board Trustee:
- Board of Education Finance Committee
- List any community activities:
- Midnight Run + Co-coordinator Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish Council + 1999-2002
- CYO Basketball coach
- What areas of expertise can you bring to the School Board?
We need to come to a meeting of the minds regarding the population of the Middle School/High School campus. What are the demands? What is the cost? And what are the options? I'm also concerned with the way Albany treats us. I think we must be even more dogged in our pursuit of state funding to get our fair share. Further, We've made a big investment in technologies over the last few years that have made us a leader in the county, if not the country. I'd like to make sure that we exploit these resources to their fullest and in the most creative ways to ensure that we get the most out of that investment.
- What are your priorities for the Eastchester public schools?
Most importantly, however, I'd like to impact the polarization in the community. Neither supporters nor opponents of the board feel the debate during last year's budget and bond votes was healthy. Supporters felt their efforts to deal with real and substantive needs of the district were unfairly stifled and opponents felt their concerns were marginalized.
- Do you support the proposed school budget? Why or not?
Yes, I support the proposed school budget. I think it is a prudent response to last year's votes and will enable Dr. Terranova to begin her tenure unfettered by prior agendas.
|| This Contest
May 2007 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: May 11, 2007 11:42
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.