Results Final as of March 13
(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Arlene M. Staich
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- Redondo School Board Member for 4 years-- 2 years as President of the School Board
- School Board President of Southern California Regional Occupational Center
- Retired teacher with 26 years of experience
- BS degree in Mathematics and Physics
- Masters in Governance from the California School Board Association
- Treasurer of the Redondo Beach Education Foundation
Carl J. Clark, II
- To increase educational options for students to include career and technical options
- To provide greater opportunities for staff development for all
- To increase district communications with the total community
- Occupation: Incumbent
- President, Redondo Beach Board of Education
- Father of four children all of whom attended or currently attend Redondo Beach schools
- Member, California School Board Association
- Member, Computer Users in Education (CUE)
- Member, California and National Associations of Realtors
- BA, English Literature, Cal State Univ-LA
- Keep education dollars in the classroom with our students and their teachers
- Conduct Redondo Beach school district business in open, accessible meetings
- Move the Redondo Beach curriculum into the 21st century
- Occupation: Educator/Administrator
- Proven educational leader-38years-see http://www.dalepetrulis.com/Testimonials.html
- Parent, 11 year teacher/20 year school principal/6+ years Central District Administrator-providing additional monetary/human resources for schools
- PTA honors: Very Special Person, Honorary Service, Continuing Service
- Written over $3 million in educational grants to strengthen and enhance current programs and build new ones
- National Collaborative honoree-National Councils of Mayors/Cities/School Boards for collaborative support for the school community
- Appointed member of CA Dept. of Education English Language Arts Content Review Panel reviewing standards match to test items
- Provide high quality instruction, supported by a strong professional development plan
- Improve the budget picture by locating outside resources to avoid cuts in programs and personnel, augmenting current programs with new ones
- Focus on a wellness program the promotes a healthy and safe school environment
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
Candidates Forum, Tuesday, February 20, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
Meet the Local Candidates, Tuesday January 23
- location: Redondo Beach Parras Middle School Auditorium, 200 North Lucia, Redondo Beach.
- sponsor: The League of Women Voters of the Beach Cities.
News and Analysis
- School Board Candidate Forum at 11:00am; other offices throughout the day (see 'more info', below); Reception 4:30-6pm
- location: Council Chambers, 415 Diamond St.
- sponsor: The Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau
- more info
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.