Final Results as of March 24
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Warren T. Furutani
- Occupation: Member of the Board of Trustees
- Senior Education Consultant for the last four Speakers of the California Assembly
- Only person to be elected and re-electred to both the Los Angeles Community College Board and Los Angeles Board of Education
- Native Californian, Fourth generation Japanese American
- Education and community activist for 40 years
- I am interviewed in UCLA's campus magazine, January '07 issue
Hector Fermin Gurule
- Better preparation and success rate for community college students.
- Completion of construction bond program and making LACCD campuses the jewels of their respective communities.
- Better coordination of workforce training programs with the LAUSD, City and County of Los Angeles, Union apprenticeship programs, and businesses.
- Occupation: Businessman, Computer Technology
- Former BoardMember All Souls Parish School
- "Focus Back on the Students"
- Keep Vocational Skills Programs in danger of being cut out of curriculum
- Call for Audit by State Controller of 1.2 Billion raised by Bonds A & AA
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Los Angeles Community College District
- LACCD Board of Trustees
Candidate Forum Videoconference
- Furutani: video; transcript
- Gurule: video; transcript
Tuesday February 20, 1-3pm
News and Analysis
- moderator: Lynn Lowry, LWV Los Angeles
main location: L.A. Valley College PMRC
other sites: (see maps)
L.A. City College, Faculty-Staff Center
East L.A., Rm 315; Bldg E7
Harbor, LRC 125
Southwest, Student Services Rm 310
Trade Tech, A114
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.