Final Results as of March 24
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Member of the Board of Trustees
- Over 20 years experience in higher education, expertise in student support programs. Co-founder of University Writing Center.
- Chair, Accreditation and Student Success Committee
- California Educational Facilties Authority, Boardmember
- L. A. County Judicial Procedures Commission, Commissioner
- First Latina to serve as President of the Board of Trustees. Established scholarship fund for students who transfer to 4- year university.
- M.A. Urban Education, postgraduate work in Politics & Public Policy
Guy Hajime Mato
- Encourage colleges to establish innovative programs to attract young people who are not in school or do not have a job.
- Implement LACCD Master Strategic Plan for 2006-2011.
- Increase opportunities for students who transfer to universities.
- Occupation: Businessman/Deputy Sheriff
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Los Angeles Community College District
- LACCD Board of Trustees
Candidate Forum Videoconference
- Mato: video; transcript
- Scott-Hayes: video; transcript
Tuesday February 20, 1-3pm
News and Analysis
- moderator: Lynn Lowry, LWV Los Angeles
main location: L.A. Valley College PMRC
other sites: (see maps)
L.A. City College, Faculty-Staff Center
East L.A., Rm 315; Bldg E7
Harbor, LRC 125
Southwest, Student Services Rm 310
Trade Tech, A114
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.