Final Results as of March 24
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Yolie Flores Aguilar
- Occupation: Children's Advocacy Director
- Master in Social Welfare, UCLA
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Redlands
- CEO, LA County Children's Planning Council
- LA County Board of Education (1995-2000)
- Annie E. Casey Foundation, Fellow
- Outstanding Service to Children Award (Alliance for Children's Rights)
Bennett S. Kayser
- Increase graduation rates and access to higher education or a career
- Increase parent engagement
- Decrease class size, build smaller schools, and make schools centers of community
- Occupation: Teacher
- Commissioner, Elected Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission
- Director, Pasadena USD Information Technology Department
- Executive Director, So Calif Renal Disease Council
- Administrator, Kidney Dialysus program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- Culture of Quality
- Reduced Class Size
- Reduction of bureaucratic waste
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Understanding School Board Meetings
- Map of LAUSD District 5
- Aguilar: video; transcript
- Kayser: video; transcript
Campaign Finance Data
News and Analysis
- L.A. City Ethics Commission
KCRW's "Which Way L.A." with Warren Olney
Los Feliz Ledger
- The Politics of Education
- 2/21/07 (click on 'listen' or 'podcast')
Discussion of Measure L with L.A. City Councilmember Jose Huizar and LAUSD Boardmember David Tokofsky; followed by an overview of the LAUSD Board candidates with Howard Blume of the L.A. Times.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.