Final Results as of March 13
(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Tina L. Hansen
- Occupation: Incumbent/Prosecutor
- City Councilmember since 1994
- Deputy District Attorney/LA County since 1985
- BA Speech Communication and Political Science/Pepperdine University
- J.D./Hastings College of the Law
- Married 21 years
- Mother to 2 year old boy/girl twins
- Complete Las Brisas II
- Complete construction of new state-of-the-art police station
- Find funding sources for new library
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Retired Engineer/Technical Sales
- Council since 1998
- BS Civil Enginerring, University of Notre Dame
- MS Ocean Engineering, Catholic University of America
- Chair Conservation Corps of Long Beach
- Director Los Angeles County Sanitation Disticts, District 29
Nancy S (Kirk) Long
- Strong financial management without new taxes, ensuring Police protection and quality of life
- Complete the process for a new Police Station, add additonal officers
- Design of Master Plan for the Civic Center with a new Library; continue design of a Conservancy for North Slpoe
- Occupation: Retired business owner
- E-Commerce Creative Designer
- Resident of Signal Hill 11 years
- Retail shop owner (6 stores) 25 years
- MBA Arizona State University
- Civil Service Commissioner 3.5 years
- Secretary for Signal Hill Honorary Police Officers Assn.
- Provide a more responsive City government that serves all the people of Signal all of the time
- No hidden agendas from the voting public about their Civil rights and liberties as citizens
- Provide a more transparent governing system with all notices and involvements in the open
- Occupation: Administrative Analyst
- 8 Years of Municipal Government experience
- Member of Municipal Management Association of Southern California (MMASC)
- Member of Latino Managers and Professionals Organization (LMPO)
- Chief Financial Officer and member of Board of Directors for California Families in Focus
- Secretary, Signal Hill Historical Society
- Rebuild our sense of community by increasing senior, youth and family services and creating additional community events at parks throughout the City.
- Improve the communication between the community and City Hall.
- Preseve the City's diverse history and improve the Library and its services to the community.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Signal Hill
- City Profile
News and Analysis
- Wednesday, February 21, 7-8:30pm
- location:Signal Hill Council Chambers, 2175 Cherry Av, Signal Hill
moderated by: League of Women Voters, Long Beach Area.
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.