(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Mayor, City of San Fernando
- Special Assistant, State Senator Alex Padilla
- Field Director, State Senator Richard Alarcon
- Health Educator, Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- Past President, Comision Femenil of the San Fernando Valley
- Past Vice President, San Fernando Valley Mexican American Political Association
- Graduate of California State University at Northridge
Julie Ann Ruelas
- Improving opportunities for our young people by creating more educational and recreational programs for youth
- Promoting economic opportunities for every family by revitalizing our downtown and creating more housing opportunities
- Improving our quality of life by reducing traffic congestion, making our city more pedestrian friendly, and making our neighborhoods safer
- Occupation: College Professor
- Currently serving as Mayor Pro Tem for the City of San Fernando
- organized the first Children, Youth & Families Advisory Committee in San Fernando
- Formed & actively supports the first Youth Council in San Fernando
- Revived the Disaster Council
- Has brought $9 million to the San Fernando Valley through her grant writing
- Will continue to assist in the formation of neighborhood watch groups
Ruben Sandoval, Jr.
- Improving the quality of life for Children, Youth & Families
- Making San Fernando a safe, healthy City
- Maintaining the economic stability of the City
- Occupation: Field Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
- Community Envolvement
Danitza Marie Pantoja
- Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Occupation: Behavioral Therapist
- San Fernando Parks and Recreation Commissioner
- Former Executive Board Member of the Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley
- Chair, San Fernando Parade Literacy Project
- Masters of Counseling, Loyola Marymount University
- Masters of School Psychology, In progress
- Graduate of HOPE Leadership Institute
James L. Lawson
- Providing Experienced Leadership with Integrity
- Creating Healthier and Safer Environment
- Building a Vibrant Economy for Youth, Families and Seniors
- Occupation: Financial Business Owner
- Ph.D., MBA, RN,BCS
- Appointed Member, Selective Service Board
- Cambridge Who's Who in Healthcare
- Increased local employment and economic development
- Street & Sidewalk repair and tree trimming; improved infrastructure
- Open and accessible local government and broadcast Council meetings
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of San Fernando
- Ballots for residents of the City of San Fernando will also include candidates for L.A. Community College District Trustee, Seats 1, 3, 5, & 7.
News and Analysis
- City Profile
San Fernando Sun
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.