Final Results as of March 16
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sam Pedroza, Jr.
- Occupation: Environmental Planner / Commissioner
- Community Services Commissioner
- Claremont Wildlands Conservancy, Boardmember
- Claremont Heritage, Boardmember
- Masters in Urban Planning
- Bachelors in Public Administration
- Married, two children
Peter S. Yao
- Promoting economic growth through innovative planning
- Services for our citizens - from our youth to our seniors
- Management of our natural resources by embracing sustainability concepts
- Occupation: Retired Corporate Manager
- Current Mayor of Claremont. Councilmember 2003 to present
- Claremont Civic Boards: Claremont Community Foundation, Chamber of Commerce, Red Cross
- Independent Cities Association, Vice President
- Pomona Valley Transit Authority, Chairman. Foothill Transit, boardmember.
- Los Angeles County Library Commissioner
- MS Electrical Engineering, MBA, MA in Management
Linda P. Elderkin
- Preserve Claremont Values
- Implement Good / open Government
- Apply a business-like approach to fiscal decision making process
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- 30 year Claremont resident
- B.A., University of Colorado; M.A., Brown University; Ph.D. Claremont Graduate University
- Former Student Affairs Dean at Pomona and Pitzer Colleges
- City Planning Commissioner 1992-96, 1978-79
- Former chair of community organizations including Claremont Little League, Claremont League of Women Voters, CHS Theatre Boosters, EdNet and others
- Married to Richard for 37 years; two children: Katie (28) and Topher (20)
- Encourage effective partnerships among city, schools, library, colleges, non-profits, the arts, and police to serve our youth, seniors, and families.
- Support and develop a strong business community in all parts of our city.
- Work to implement our new General Plan and its Sustainability Principles in all city decisions.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Mayor Pro-Tem, Claremont ,CA
- California Contract Cities Bd Of Directors
- L.A. County Sanitation District Bd. of Directors
- Leadership Training Council, National League of Cities
- Women in Municipal Government Bd of Directors
- University Communities Council, National League of Cities
Opanyi K. Nasiali
- Continued fiscal prudence and oversight of city finances
- Sustainable development and green policies in all city departments
- Economic Development and High Quality of Life for all areas of the city
- Occupation: Retired Urban Planner
- Born and schooled in Kenya, worked for Kenyan parliament
- B.A., Urban Studies, California State University, Northridge
- M.A., Urban Planning and Public Adminstration
- 20-year Claremont resident and volunteer
- Member, Claremont Traffic and Transportation Commission
- Measure S Steering Committee
Michael L. Maglio
- Education: Maintain and improve partnerships between the City, Claremont Schools, and the Claremont Colleges
- Open Space: I support and have worked hard for preservation of hillside open space
- Inclusive Community: I believe in seeking out all perspectives to achieve wide community consensus
- Occupation: Distribution Center Supervisor
- Bachlors degree in Justice Studies
- Married with two children; McKenna and Cameron
- "Special Needs" family, non-verbal autistic boy
- Active leader at Granite Creek Community Church
- Endorsed by Claremont Police Officers Association
- Endorsed by Claremonters Against Strip Mining
Michael John Keenan
- To be a strong, clear voice for the citizens of south Claremont where I live.
- Focus on senior and youth programs so necessary to the health of our community
- To fight for a stronger police presence in the city to protect and serve our interests
- Occupation: Professional Window Cleaner
- No degree at present. Attended Azusa Pacific College, Cal Poly Pomona, Pitzer College, and Chaffey Jr.College
- Open Space, Conservation and Hillside subcommittee
- Claremont City General Plan Citizens Committee
- Irving Landrum Jr. Justice Organizing Committee
- Volunteer at Pomona College Organic "Farm"
- Spearheaded Resolution Against Patriot Act
- THE HISTORICAL NEED FOR CLAREMONT MUNICIPAL HOME FULE OVER RESOURCES
- CLAREMONT MUNICIPAL SOLAR POWER MICRO GRID AND WATER WORKS
- NEW SUSTAIANABILITY BASED GENERAL PLAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL PRESERVATION
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Claremont
News and Analysis
- City Profile
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.