(Vote for 1)
Only candidates in the ballot in Hamilton County and Butler County were asked to provide information.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ted Strickland/Lee Fisher
J. Kenneth Blackwell/Thomas Raga
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: : Minister, Psychologist, Professor
- Neigborhood: Lisbon, Ohio
- EDUCATION: B.A. in History, Masters of Divinity, PhD in Counseling Psychology
- Director of a Methodist children's home, assistant professor of psychology at Shawnee State University
- consulting psychologist at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility.
- Represented Ohio's 6th Congressional District for 6 terms.
William S. "Bill" Peirce/Mark M. Noble
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Ohio Secretary of State 1998-2006
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science and Master's of Education from Xavier University, Cincinnati.
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Treasurer of Ohio, Mayor, City Councilman
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Prof. Emeritus of Economics
- A.B. Harvard
- Ph.D. Princeton in Economics
- EEconomics faculty, Case Western Reserve
- Economics Department Chairman
- Specialist in government finance and policy
- Author of books and articles
Robert Fitrakis/Anita Rios
James Lundeen/Kevin Becker
Larry Bays/Debra K. Fries
- Cut taxes and spending
- End eminent domain abuse
- School choice for every family
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Ohio has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Economy and School Funding.
Campaign Finance Data
- Identification Requirements to Vote in Ohio
- Absentee Voting. Any qualified Ohio voter may request an absentee ballot without stating a reason.
- Campaign Finance: Ohio Secretary of State On-line Search
- Ohio Citizen Action: Follow the Money
News and Analysis
- Cincinnati Gubernatorial debate, Cincinnati, Wednesday, October 4 at 7 p.m. at the University of Cincinnati. Watch for Details
- Gubernatorial debate, Youngstown, Tuesday, September 5 at 12 p.m.
- Gubernatorial debate, Cleveland, Wednesday, September 20 at 12 p.m. CET Channel 48
12:00 p.m. - GUBERNATORIAL DEBATE (1 hour)
Live from the studios of WEWS-TV in Cleveland, the Scripts Howard owned ABC affiliate in Cleveland.
CET 48, Time Warner Cable Digital Channel 949, Insight Digital Channel 763 8:00 p.m. - GUBERNATORIAL DEBATE (1 hour)
- Gubernatorial Candidates Square Off On Education. Watch the debate
- Gubernatorial debate, Columbus, Monday, October
16 at 7 p.m.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Democratic Party
- Green Party
- Libertarian Party
- Reform Party
- Republican Party
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.