(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
John J. Faso
- Party: Republican, Conservative
- Occupation: Partner in national law firm Manatt Phelps and Phillips, LLP
- Education: John Faso graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School in Queens and the State University of New York at Brockport
- He received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1979.
- Served in the New York State Assembly from 1987-2002.
- Chaired Governor Pataki's 1994 budget transition team that developed the first reduction in state spending in 52 years, closing a $5 billion deficit.
- Served as Assembly Republican Leader from 1998-2002.
- Candidate for state Comptroller in 2002.
- Party: Socialist Workers
- Occupation: Garment worker; Chairperson of the New York Young Socialists
- Education: Master's degree.
- Active in the fight to defend a woman's right to choose abortion, and in the fight for unconditional legalization of all undocumented immigrants.
- Attended the September 7 march and rally for immigrant rights in Washington, DC.
- I support workers' struggles to organize trade unions and to use and extend union power.
- For the immediate, unconditional withdrawal of U.S. and all "coalition" troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. No to sanctions against north Korea!
- Amnesty now for all immigrants.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Social worker and Navy veteran.
- John Clifton was born in Georgia and grew up in New York, mainly in Jamaica, Queens.
- He attended PS 50 (valedictorian, 1969), IS 8, Andrew Jackson HS, and the New School for Social Research.
- Clifton chaired the Libertarian Party of New York from 2003-2006.
- He was the LPNY Senate candidate in 2000.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Author (8 books), Actor, Lecturer, Broadcaster
- Education: Unfinished 6th grade. Honorary grade school cert from Irish govt
- Experience: Same as others. Never been Governor before.
- Having worked as a laborer a broadcaster I can assemble a great phalanx of talent to run our state.
- Party: Democratic, Independence, Working Families
- Occupation: Attorney General of New York State
- Education: B.A., Princeton University, 1981; J.D., Harvard Law School, 1984
- Whether it was protecting investors, going after polluters, or prosecuting drug companies that were lying to seniors,
- I worked to protect the public interest as Attorney General -- and I would continue to do so as Governor.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of New York State has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Property Taxes, Redistricting, and Alternative Energy.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.