(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
Christopher B. Garvey
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Lawyer in private practice, environmental bookseller
- University of Texas School of Law, JD, 1981; Harvard University, AB, 1973
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Associate in NYC, 1981-1987
- Debevoise & Plimpton, Associate in NYC, 1987-1989
- Solo practice, 1989-Present, Eco Books, 1996-Present
- Green Party, Volunteer Activist, 1995-Present
- Sierra Club, Volunteer Activist, 1995-Present
Andrew M. Cuomo
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Patent Attorney, Sailing Instructor
- Columbia University School of Engineering; A.B. Columbia College 1973
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University 1981; Awarded the Order of Barristers.
- Winner New York County Lawyers Association Anti-trust Moot Court Competition
- Sacred Heart High School, Yonkers
- Experience: Civil Rights Litigation
- Party: Democratic, Working Families
- Occupation: Attorney
- Education: Fordham University; Albany Law School.
- Cuomo served as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under the Clinton Administration.
- Previously, Cuomo worked as an Assistant District Attorney and at a private law firm.
- He is the founder of HELP, a non-profit organization providing transitional housing for the homeless.
- Party: Republican, Independence, Conservative
- Occupation: Attorney
- Albany Law School, J.D., 1975
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 1972
- District Attorney of Westchester County, 1994-2005
- County Court Judge, Westchester County, 1991-1993
- Assistant District Attorney, Westchester County, 1975-1990
- Chief, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse 1978-1990
- Party: Socialist Workers
- Occupation: Staff writer for The Militant, a socialist newsweekly
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Staff writer for The Militant, a socialist newsweekly published in the interests of working people in English and Spanish.
- Long-time defender of the Cuban Revolution; active in building September 23 demonstration to free the Cuban Five.
- Active in fight for independence for Puerto Rico.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of New York State has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Priority, Public Authorities, and Gerrymandering.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.