(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Governor
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Treasurer of California, 1999 - Present
- Fought for balanced budgets and fully funded schools and cracked down on corporate fraud to protect the pensions and life savings of families
- Invested state funds to create jobs and clean up the environment
- Created his own business, met a payroll, and built environmentally sustainable communities. Congress for the New Urbanism's Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former Chair, California Democratic Party
- Graduate, Harvard University and Coro Foundation Fellow
- Committed husband and father to three daughters
Peter Miguel Camejo
- I will renew the promise of California by strengthening the middle class, investing in education, and building economic opportunity.
- I will fight air pollution and global warming by making California the world leader for renewable energy and clean vehicles.
- I will lead California toward quality, affordable healthcare for all and lower prescription drug costs
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Financial Advisor
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Engineer
- Degree in Design Technology
- Cut spending, lower taxes and eliminate the deficit.
- Build more freeway lanes to end gridlock.
- Expedite the construction of power plants and oil refineries.
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Counselor
- Women's & Africana Studies Graduate
- Graduate Student-Community Counseling Psychology
Edward C. "Ed" Noonan
- Statewide Healthcare System
- Livable Wage
- Immediate Moratorium on the Death Penalty
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Computer Shop Owner
- Area 4 Director - American Independent Party
- Yuba County American Independent Party Central Committee Chairman
- Member - Minuteman Project
- LDS - Ward Mission Leader
James E. Harris
- Strict Illegal Immigration Enforcement
- Uphold Traditional Family Values
- Restore a debt free, interest free money system
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Engineer_California Public Utilities Commission
- Advance Engineering Degrees
- Ba Maths; BS Mechanical Engineering
- Twice in the race for Newark City Council
- Ran for Alameda Board of Education
- 2-Patents; 12 years on Lexington omerowners Association; its President for 6 years.
- Graduate of Newark police Acadamy & San Francisco police volunteer
Dealphria Christina Tarver
Robert C. Newman, II
- Business Tax Cuts to Business that hire more employees.
- Levy heavy taxes on Outsourced Offshore Products and Services
- Subside 25% Public School Education
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Psychologist/Farmer
- Age 62 and California resident for 62 years.
- Married 45 years, two adult off-spring, two grandchildren.
- Educational emphasis: AA, BA (zoology/chemistry), MA (research/theoritical), Ph.D (psychology).
- Work ethic: farm, construction, assembly line, teaching, research, and clinical practice.
- Active participation at La Primera Iglesia Bautista de Redlands.
- Interests: family integrity, water issues, research, alternative energy sources and conservation of resources.
Donald "Dr Don" Etkes
- I will apply Godly principles in the decision-making process.
- I will lead by example.
- I am not a politition and therefore will work toward harmony and cooperation among the various parties.
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Marriage and Family Therapist
- Holds a Ph.D. in psychology.
- In private practice for over eighteen years.
- Author of "Loving With Passion.
- Office is located in Los Angeles.
- member: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
- founder of Adult Children of Abuse and Neglect.
- Lower the high divorce rate.
- Reduce child abuse and neglect.
- Legalize gay marriage.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Easy Voter Guide
The Candidates Speak...
Angelides-Schwarzenegger Debate (10/7, 1 hr)
Statements and Interviews
- from KQED/FM, San Francisco. Plus 30 min analysis
- from KCAL 2, Los Angeles
Campaign Finance Data
- Video Voter
- Select "Governor", then candidate name to see a statement by Angelides, Camejo, Jordan, Noonan, Olivier. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- FreeAirTime Project
- Select "Governor", then candidate name to see an interview of candidates Angelides, Camejo, Jordan, Noonan, Olivier. Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (30 min. each)
- KQED/FM Forum
- 10/24. Krasny with Angelides, Camejo, Noonan, Olivier (1 hr)
- SF Chronicle Editorial Board
- on CBS5.com. Angelides (video, 10/16)
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
CBS5.com, SF Bay Area
KPBS, San Diego
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.