(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Equalization Boardmember's Deputy
- Michelle holds a degree in Business from Pepperdine University
- She has served as a Commissioner on the President's Advisory Commission on Asian-Americans
- She was a member of the California World Trade Commission
- She was a Commissioner of the Los Angeles County Children and Family Services
- She served as a member of the Los Angeles Airport and Fire Commissions
- Michelle will continue her pledge to never vote to raise taxes
- She will assume all taxpayers are innocent untill proven guilty
- Michelle will be a pro taxpayer vote, ALWAYS
Mary Lou Finley
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Educator/Journalist
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Special Education Assistant
- BA Psychology 1966
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society member
- Kappa Phi Kappa Honor Society member
- current SD Unified School Dist. employee
- Many years spent in field of education and social work
- Grass roots social activist
- Lowering the tax burden of working Californians
- Increasing taxes for the wealthiest Californians and big corporations
- Ending the pro-corporation bias of the Equalization Board
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Campaign Finance Data
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Under "State Board of Equalization", select your District, then candidate name to see a statement by participating candidates. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "State Board of Equalization". Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (about 10 min. each)
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.