(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Betty T. Yee
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Acting Equalization Boardmember
David J. Neighbors
- Uphold California's tax laws by hearing and deciding tax appeals correctly, fairly, and consistently.
- Ensure compliance with state tax requirements by providing resources and education to taxpayers.
- Serve as a responsible steward of California's revenues to protect funding for vital public services, such as education and health care.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- MS in Taxation - San Jose State University
- BS in Accounting - San Jose State University
- Tax Partner - Johanson & Yau Accountancy Corporation
- Financial Advisory Professional
- Tax fairness
- Common sense application of tax laws
- Taxpayer friendly
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired Quality Engineer
- San Mateo County Libertarian Party Judicial Committee
- MS, Computer Science, Stanford University
- BS, Computer Science, MIT
David W. Campbell
- Ensure that earmarked funds are not diverted to the General Fund
- Ensure that legislative analysis accurately reflects expenses and income
- Reform sales tax laws to officially allow individual tax-free trade
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Office Worker
- Shift tax burden from poor to wealthy
- Increase revenues to the State
- Promote strong and equitable economy
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Statements and Interviews
Campaign Finance Data
- Video Voter
- Under "State Board of Equalization", select your District, then candidate name to see a statement by participating candidates. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "State Board of Equalization". Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (about 10 min. each)
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.