(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Oakland Mayor/Attorney
- Governor of California, 1975-1983
- California Secretary of State, 1971-1975
- Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees, 1969-1971
- Various Legal Positions: Clerk to the California Supreme Court; Tuttle & Taylor, Associate; Fulbright & Jaworski, Associate
- J.D., Yale Law School
- B.A. in Classics, University of California, Berkeley
- Assist local police in fighting crime and making our streets safer
- Protecting the environment and controlling greenhouse gas emissions
- Protect a woman's right to choose in the face of mounting efforts to erode this fundamental right
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California Senator/Attorney
Michael S. Wyman
- I will work to protect Californians from dangerous sex offenders and online predators, and will utilize new technology to track child molesters.
- I will combat rising crime by advocating for increased penalties for gang violence and felons with firearms, and enforcing California's death penalty.
- I will work to protect consumers from identity theft by coordinating a statewide effort to pursue and prosecute identity thieves.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Attorney-At-Law
- Graduate, Hastings School Of Law
- Graduate, University of Santa Cruz
- Alumnus, Pomona College
- Board Member, Progressive Asset Management
- Treasurer of the Green Party of California, 2000-2005
- Board Member, Voice of the Environment
Kenneth A. Weissman
- Opposition to the Death Penalty and Reform of Three Strikes
- Defend the Environment and the rights of Immigrants, Veterans, Workers and Citizens
- Prosecute Corporate Crimes and Defend the Right of Privacy
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Attorney At Law
- B.A. in Math and Economics, Colby College, 1979
- Law degree (Juris Doctorate), U.S.C., 1982
- In private practice since 1982
Jack L Harrison, Esq
- Personal Freedom -- I believe that you are the best person to make decisions regarding your life.
- Individual Responsibility
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Attorney/Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board Commissioner
- Criminal/Social Security/Workers' Comp. Attorney
- 25 year member, California Bar.
- Legal counselor and volunteer rehab counselor for various addiction rehab programs
- End the death penalty.
- Decriminalize marijuana; end minimum mandatory sentencing.
- Prosecute corporate thieves; retrieve stolen funds.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Easy Voter Guide
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Select "Attorney General", then candidate name to see a statement by each candidate. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "Attorney General" then candidate name to see interviews of each candidate. Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (30 min. each)
Office of the Attorney General
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
CBS5.com, SF Bay Area
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.