(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Thomas A. Harris
73.9% Yes votes ......
26.1% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 5th District, since 1991
- Fresno County Superior Court Judge, 1987-1990
- Fresno County Municipal Court Judge, 1985-1987
- Private Law Practice, Fresno, 1967-1985
- Deputy District Attorney, Fresno County, 1965-1966, part-time investigator, 1960-1964
- Juris Doctor Degree, Stanford University Law School, 1964; Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Southern California, 1961
- San Joaquin Valley native; both father and grandfather were Fresno attorneys
Rebecca A. Wiseman
- Decide all cases fairly and without bias
- Treat all people before the court with dignity, courtesy, and respect
- Improve access to justice for all
73.3% Yes votes ......
26.7% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- Appellate court judge since 1995
- Trial court judge from 1986 to 1995
- Outstanding Jurist in Kern County, 1997
- Top ten professional women, Fresno Co.
- Legal educator
- Former prosecutor
- Interpret the law fairly
- Provide public outreach to San Joaquin Valley citizens
- Treat all litigants with equal respect and dignity
73.6% Yes votes ......
26.4% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, California State Court of Appeal, Dist 5
- Superior Court Judge 1992-2006
- First Presiding Judge, Fresno Consolidated Courts 1996 & 1997
- Private Law Practice 1976-1992
- Received State Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award 1985
- Graduate, Hastings College of the Law, 1976
- Graduate, University of Notre Dame, Magna Cum Laude, 1973
Brad R. Hill
- Follow the law as set forth by the Constitution, the Legislature and the Voters
- Issue clear and concise appellate opinions
- Work efficiently to avoid delays in appellate process
74.0% Yes votes ......
26.0% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- Superior Court Judge, 1998-2006
- Presiding Judge, Fresno Superior Court, 2003-2004
- Municipal Court Judge, 1991-1998
- Graduate, U.C. Hastings College of the Law, 1983
- Graduate, Fresno State University (Undergraduate Degree in Business Adminstration; Master's Degree in Business Administration, 1977 & 1979).
- Private Law Practice 1983-1991
Betty L. Dawson
- Follow the law and act to promote justice, fairness and public confidence in the judiciary
- Decide cases fairly and expeditiously
- To improve the quality of justice in California
68.7% Yes votes ......
31.3% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Calilfornia Court of Appeal, 5th District
- Merced County Superior Court Judge, 2000-2003
- Merced County Superior Court Presiding Judge, 2003
- Merced County Superior/Municipal Court judicial officer, 1992-2003
- Private law practice, Merced, 1980-1992
- Stanford Law School Teaching Fellow, 1978-1979
- Hastings Law School, graduated 1978
- Apply the law evenhandedly and without bias
- Promote fairness and efficiency in the appellate process
- Provide steady and reliable guidance to the trial courts
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.