(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Rocky J. Chavez
- Occupation: Oceanside City Council Member
- Retired Colonel, United States Marine Corps
- Chief Education Officer, School of Business and Technology Charter High School-Former USMC Liaison to Oceanside Unified School District Board of Ed.
- B.A. Degree Cal State Chico
- Graduate of the Air War College, Armed Forces Staff College, and Marine Corps Command and Staff College-Int'l. Relations at Old Dominion University
- Former Board Member, KOCT- Former Vice Chair, Women's Resource Center. Member-Oceanside Chamber of Commerce. Member-Rotary Club.
- Former Advisor-Rotary Interact Club, Oceanside High School. Former Wrestling Coach, El Camino High School.
Jerome M. "Jerry" Kern
- Keeping Our Neighborhoods Safe
- Reducing Traffic Congestion
- Building a Better Community for a Higher Quality of Life
- Occupation: Teacher
- BS, Business Administration, San Diego State University
- Member, El Corazon Planning Committee
- Co- founder Pacific View Charter School
- Past President for the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Oceanside Airport Association
- Past Vice-Chair for Oceanside Historic Preservation Commission
- It is imperative that we complete the necessary infrastructure by opening up planned roads lke the Rncho del Oro interchange.
- Seek the means to make our airport a money-making entity that will serve our community and attract business and tourist revenues.
- Complete Melrose Ave so the citizens of Jefferies Ranch have safe alternative to HWY 76.
- Occupation: Deputy Mayor/ Small Business Owner
- BA Liberal Studies: Cum Laude and Dean's List
- AA University Studies: Phi Theta Kappa and Dean's List
- Deputy Mayor City of Oceanside
- REGIONAL APPOINTMENTS: Board Member SANDAG, appointed to: Shoreline Preservation Committee, Borders Committee. Board NCTD and Planning Committee
- CITY APPONTMENTS: Council liaison to: Utilities, Integrated Waste, Parks and Recreation, Harbor and Beaches Commissions
- Educator Oceanside Unified School District
- Public Safety
- Economic Growth
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- Bachelor Degree in Physics from Villanova
- Masters Degree in Counseling from Villanova
- Chair Person City of Oceanside Mobile Home Commission
- Vice Chair Person City of Oceanside El Corazon Committee
C. C. Sanders
George Daniel Barrante
- I will strategically plan for improving our economic development.
- Focus on traffic improvements and plans to improve the flow of traffic.
- Make sure public safety is a primary function of city government.
- Occupation: Businessman Retired Military
- Oceanside Planning Commission - 9years
- Oceanside Rotary, Past President
- Oceaside Elks, Lecturing Knight
- Former Treasurer & Board KOCT Television
- Drafted US Army private -retired 21 years as Lt Colonel
- Life Member DAV and Member American Legion
Michael T. Lucas
- Protect against taxes - against $27 million subsidy for Hotel
- Program to bring moore business with jobs to Oceanside
- Solve Traffic and Safety Problems
- Occupation: Retired
- BS Education
- State Bureau Automotive Repair Supervisor
- Business Manager
- Automotive Engineer
- Cut unnecessary spending
- Maintain Oceansides infrastructure roads, sewers, water, etc.
- Serve the public 5 days a week
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.