(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sam T. Liccardo
- Occupation: Prosecutor, Child Advocate
- Deputy District Attorney, Sexual Assault & Child Exploitation Units
- Board Member and volunteer tutor, EHC Lifebuilders (formerly Emergency Housing Consortium)
- Board member, Giovanni Center & Jeanne D'Arc Manor senior affordable housing developments
- J.D., Harvard Law School; M.P.P. (Public Policy) Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- B.A., Government (Economics minor), Georgetown University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Bellarmine graduate, and Fourth-Generation downtown San Jose resident
Manny J. Diaz
- Creation of a "Walkable" Downtown and Surrounding Neighborhoods
- Attacking the Structural Deficit in the General Fund With Sound Planning and Budget Priorities that Reflect a Long-Term View
- Empowering Neighborhoods and Restoring City Services, including Police, Fire, Parks, Community Centers, and Libraries
- Occupation: Engineer/Small Businessperson
- California State Assemblymember 2000-2004
- San Jose City Councilmember 1994-2000
- San Jose Planning Commissioner 1986-1993
- Co-Founder of a non-profit, SHPE, dedicated towards the advancement of young people pursuing science and engineering careers
- Engineer, 17 years
- First in family to graduate college (San Francisco State, BS. Engineering)
- Improve neighborhood services, health and safety
- Increasing access to affordable healthcare for downtown residents
- Improving Schools/Youth Activities/Small Business
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of San Jose/Santa Clara in partnership with the San Jose Mercury News has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Growth, Mayor vs. Manager, Public Safety, and City Finances.
Campaign Finance Data
- City of San Jose
- City Clerk Election Page
- San Jose Map of City Council Districts
- Candidate Campaign Disclosure Filings
News and Analysis
- October 18th - 7:30 pm
- Sponsor: CCA Neighborhood Association
Location: Horace Mann School, 55 N 7th St, San Jose
- October 19th - 6:30 to 8 pm
- Sponsors: People Acting in Ccommunity Together (PACT)
Location: First Unitarian Church, 160 N 3rd St, San Jose
- San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.