(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
George M. Shirakawa
J. Manuel Herrera
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, East Side Union High School District
- My career is in public policy/public administration, working with elected officials, city managers, & nonprofit agencies.
- I have a BA in Social Sciences and an MA in Urban Studies, from the University of the Pacific and Occidental College.
- Teach the basics and more for a 21st century world, including technology literacy skills, critical thinking skills, and group teamwork skills.
- Attract and retain qualified, credentialed teahers.
- Ensure school safety.
- Occupation: School Council President
- 16-year East Side resident & community volunteer
- Married with two sons attending East Side schools
- Parent Representative on the ESUHSD Budget Task Force
- VP/General Manager/Business owner
- Sheriff's Management Analyst
- BA, San Jose State University
- I'll listen, be truthful, and strive to make sure our students graduate with the skills needed for sucess.
- I'll work to connect the district to the communities it serves. Students succeed when school officials listen.
- I'm against wasteful bureaucracies - taxpayer dollars belong in the classroom.
- Occupation: Schoolteacher/Grandmother/Consultant
- San Jose State University
- MA Administration and Higher Education
- BA Art/ Minor Political Science
- Elementary Teaching Credential/Bilingual Teaching Credential
- University of Phoenix Instructor
- State of California Certified Interpreter
Ruben A. Dominguez
- Student Safety
- Student Achievement
- Fiscal Solvency
- Occupation: Electrical-Mechanical Designer
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Finances, Instruction, and The Future.
- East Side Union High School District
News and Analysis
- Calif. School Boards Ass'n - Professional Governance Standards
- Describes the roles and responsibilities of a board trustee and the school board
- How to Choose a School Board Member
- San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.