(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Currently Board President of the Sacramento City Unified Board of Education
- Former President, Sacramento County Board of Education
- Former PTA President
- Expanded efforts to reduce truancy and keep our kids in school.
- Pioneered a pre-apprenticeship training model, helping students prepare for good-paying jobs in the skilled trades
- Increased parent involvement in decision-making and carrying out important programs
- Continue to improve communication between the school board, parents and administrators
- Continue to create Vocational Education courses to prepare students for good-paying jobs
- Continue to expand efforts to reduce truancy and keep our kids in school
- Occupation: Educator/Social Worker
- MA, LMSW
Jerry P. Houseman
- students as the priority in all decision-making
- strong budget oversight and policy governance
- good communication with the community, parents and students
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Masters in School Administration
- Bachelor in Education
- Bachelor in Religion
- Educators Hall of Fame 1998
- Educational Professional for 50 years
- Improve school safety for students and staff
- Work to reduce class size and increase school funding
- Monitor fiscal accountability
- Occupation: Education Commissioner/Businessman
- B.S., Math Degree,Loyola-Marymount University
- Officer & Veteran,U.S. Air Force
- General Manager,IBM
- Member, Mayor Joe Serna's Blue Ribbon Commission
- co-founder & Chairman,LEED(a Sacramento region school to career coalition)
- Commissioner,WASC accreditation commission
- We have a duty to prepare each child to succeed in School,in Work and as Productive Citizens
- I will focus on our students first and on the tools that create success:High expectations and high academic standards
- I will use my business leadership experiences to help Board be one voice
- Occupation: Parent/Business Owner
- Owner of a successful Sacramento-based bee keeping/pollenation business
- Resident of Sacramento for 15 years
Rodney E. Stanhope
- Keep schools focused on education - not a social/political agenda
- Ensure that the board votes only on school-related policies and resolutions
- Work to help students pass the High School Exit Exam
- Occupation: Project Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Navy Veteran
- Proud Parent
- Appropriate money for classrooms and teachers, not over-priced administration buildings.
- Bring accountability to our education system.
- Involve teachers and parents in the decision making process.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.