(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Larry A. Herman
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Experience Council Member
- Mayor of La Palma - 2 years
- Trustee, Orange County Vector Control District
- Quality Control Laboratory Manager / Industrial Health and Safety - Retired, Monsanto Co.
- Hiring a new City Manager
- Completing the Community Center Rehabilitation Project
- Operate within approved budgets
- Occupation: Healthcare Business Manager
- MBA, UC Irvine
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, USC
John M. Alvis
- Strengthening the city's financial stability and preparing for future challenges
- Sustaining our outstanding police and fire protection
- Enhancing our sense of pride in being part of the La Palma family
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Trustee, Centralia School District Board - 17 years, retired
- Trustee, Greater Anaheim Special Education Local Plan Area Board - 14 years retired
- Honoree, Outstanding Character Educator of Orange County, Passkeys Foundation - 2005
- WHO Award, California Teachers Association
- Youth 20/20 member
- AYSO and Club soccer coach & assistant coach
Noel "NOELLA" (ENG) Lew
- Developing and maintaining a concensus about the level and quality of city services
- Guaranteeing the integrity of the budget and the budget process supported by strategic planning
- Maintaining and moderizing the city's structures and infrastructure
- Occupation: Sales Representative
- BOARD MEMBER OF LUPUS INTERNATIONAL, IRVINE, CAL
- NATIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE OF THE YEAR
- Maintain public safety through strong Police and Fire Dept.
- Supporting conservative fiscal management
- Promoting positive business climate./ Protect property values
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Traffic Safety Committee, Chairman 2 terms
- American Cancer Society, La Palma/Buena Park Relay for Life, Logistics Chairman
- Member of La Palma Chamber of Commerce
- AYSO Coach & Assistant Coach
- Active Member of Kiwanis Club of La Palma
- La Palma Days Parade Committee
- Improve our aging infrastructure
- Fiscal stability without mortgaging our future
- Working effectively to hire a new City Manager
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Orange County Register
(Registration may be required. You may login as smartvoter, password "smartvoter".)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.