(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Certified Financial Planner
- Senior Vice President RBC Dain Rauscher
- BA in International Relations from USC
- President of the Boys and Girls Club of Cypress
- Past President of Cypress Federal Little League and Cypress Rotary
- Recipient of 3 Honorary Sevice Awards from Local PTA's
- Founder of Cypress Challenger Baseball
- Recruit a City Manager with a Family willing to relocate to Cypress.
- Promote a youth center, community gym and refurbish city parks.
- Extend community partnerships to schools and businesses.
- Occupation: Retired USAF Officer
- BS, U. S. Military Academy, West Point, NY
- Graduate School, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Photographic Education with Eastman Kodak
- Retired, Lt. Col., USAF 20 years active duty
- Retired Dept. of Defense Consultant
- Cypress Cable Commission
- Outstanding Public Safety (Police/Fire) essential for all other City functioning
- Outstanding Public Education essential for preparing our youth for life
- Take whatever time is necessary to hire the best City Manager
- Occupation: Physician
- Medical Director, Leisure World Health Care Center, Seal Beach
- Fellowship Training in Geriatrics, UCLA and V.A. Westwood Hospital, Los Angeles
- Residency Training in Internal Medicine, St. Joseph's Hospital, Chicago
- Former Chief of Staff, Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Chairman, Cypress Senior Citizens Commission
- Former Volunteer Physician Advisor , Cypress Police Department
- Public Safety: support training, staffing, and equipment for Police and Fire Departments
- Attract more businesses and restaurants to Cypress to increase City revenues, while preserving city parks & open spaces
- Improve programs & activities for youth; and improve transportation, housing & services for seniors
- Occupation: Retired Military/Public Works Manager
- Retired Navy Commander
- BA University of La Verne, La Verne, CA
- MA National University, San Diego
- Former Member of Cable Commission
- Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran
- Member of American Legion and Disabled American Veterans
- Public Safety
- Senior and Youth Services
- Smart and Environmentally Sound Planning
- Occupation: District Sales Manager
- B.A., Marketing, Cal State Long Beach
- Chair, Cypress Recreation & Community Services Commission
- Cypress Festival Committee Board Member
- Cypress High Grad Nite committee member
- Cypress High Athletic Booster member
- Experienced Crime Fighter - Former Long Beach Police Officer
Ron D. Cabrera
- Help select the "right" city manager for Cypress
- Assure that public safety remains a top priority in our city
- Work to expand opportunities for youth and seniors
- Occupation: Administrator/Citizen Soldier
- B.A., Business Administration, Columbia College, MO
- Defense Acquisition University, Certified Acquisition Professional
- Senior Non-Commissioned Officer, Army National Guard, 26 years of service to date
- Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran
- Cypress Citizens Police Academy Graduate
- 2005 Cypress Family of the Year
- Strive for an exceptional police and fire department
- Support business and residential projects
- Advocate city pride, accountability and vigilance to enhance our quality of life
(Candidate did not respond to our request for information.)
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Orange County Register
(Registration may be required. You may login as smartvoter, password "smartvoter".)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.