(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent/teacher/writer
- Three-term BOUSD Board Member
- High School and Middle School Teacher
- Reading Lab Director, Writing Consultant
- University Student Teacher Trainer
- Author, Brea Celebrating 75 Years and History of the Brea Olinda Unified School District 1903-2003
- Mother of 3 BOUSD K-12 honors graduates
- Ensure a top-quality educational experience that challenges all, supports all, and prepares all for college, career and life success.
- Improve communication, enhance staff and parent involvement, and ensure accountability in all operations.
- Carefully overee constuction, safeguard financial resources (bond, reserves, etc); reach out to business and government for partnership opportunities.
- Occupation: Parent/Businessman
- Owner of Manufacturing Company
- Chair of Parks and Recreation and Human Resources Commission
- Family Resources Advisory Committee
- Sports Park Advisory Committee
- Past Member, Brea Senior Citizens Advisory Committee
- Member and Past President of the Brea Lions Club
- I will work to ensure that our children continue to receive the best possible education
- Our Students need to compete in a global economy
- That all our graduates must possess the skills, tools, and sense of personal responsibility necessary to achieve the highest levels of success
- Occupation: INCUMBENT
- Clerk, Brea Olinda Unified School District Board of Trustees
- Proud parent of 4 children. 1 of which is currently enrolled within our district and three recently graduated.
- Former City of Brea Planning Commissioner
- Past President, Orange County Youth Foundation
- Past President, the Brea Lions Club and current Director, Brea Lions Scout Foundation
Sue Anthony Nowers
- Continue to prepare Brea Olinda School District for the growth of our City's school age population.
- Keeping our district fiscally sound and our staff competitively paid.
- Foster inclusive relationships which benefit our children and their parents between the City, the School District, and its employees.
- Occupation: Retired School Secretary
- 26 years at Brea Olinda Unified School District
- Executive Assistant to Board of Education
- 20 years in reproduction graphics
- Six children; five completed K-12 in BOUSD
- A safe haven for our students and teachers to live and work in; they spend six+ hours a day at school..
- We need to reach out to all of our chidlren; each one counts.
- We want our good teachers to stay and teach our kids so we need to be certain they are happy teaching in Brea in every aspect of their jobs.
- Occupation: School Risk Manager / Business Owner / Engineer
- Brea Olinda Unified School District - Olinda School Design Committee- Parent / Community Member
- Bachelors of Science in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering/ Technology Oklahoma State University
- Proud parent of three children; two of whom are elementary school age and are currently enrolled with BOUSD, and one in preschool
- Olinda Elementary School Site Council - Recent Member; Actively supported the recent California Distinguished School Award for Olinda School
- Grant writer for school insurance grant securing more than $30,000.00 for the 2004 installation of the new Kindergarten Playground for Olinda School
- Guest Lecturer, Cal State Fullerton, School Business Management Certificate Program (Risk Management)
- Continued support of high academic standards for students. Additionally, I support reasonable application of technology at the appropriate grade level
- Planning for the future growth of the City and the changing educational needs for the children of Brea
- Maintaining safety and well being of all employees and children in the District
- Occupation: Minister
- 12-year Community Volunteer
- Proud parent of two BOHS Distinguished Scholars
- Community member of the WASC review 2002 and 2004
- Past 3-term president of the Instrumental Music Boosters
- Past member of the Japanese Boosters
- Trusted, independent voice
- Continue to strengthen our academics, so that our children are competitive through graduation and beyond
- Attain and keep salaries levels high in order to attract and retain quality staff
- Continue to modernize our facilities and upgrade aging technology
- Occupation: Information Technology Specialist
- IT Asset Management
- Bachelor of Arts, History
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Andrew W. Todd
- Fostering character-centered education
- Providing a broader range of elective courses
- Reforming school board policies and decisions
- Occupation: Student
- A New, Independent Leader - Not a Politician
- Graduate, Brea Olinda High School, Class of 2003
- Attended Fanning, Brea Junior High and Brea Olinda High Schools
- Coordinator, Instrumental Music Booster Board, Brea Olinda High School (2003-present)
- Past Member, Brea 8K Planning Committee
- Past Volunteer, Brea Junior High School
- Provide our teachers and classified staff with a competitive salary schedule.
- Increase amount of technology on our campuses.
- Increase support for the fine arts.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Orange County Register
(Registration may be required. You may login as smartvoter, password "smartvoter".)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.