(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent Ukiah City Council Nov. 2004-present.
- Mendocino County Planning Commission
- City of Ukiah Planning Commission
- Mendocino County Grand Jury
- Current employment: Self-employed renovating and managing my own rental properties.
- Previous: Housepainter, Landscaper/Gardener, Community College Instructor (part time).
- Education: Graduated Ukiah High School and Chico State University.
- Adequate Funding for Police, Fire and Emergency Services.
- Planning Must Come Before Growth to Protect Our Quality of Life.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability.
- Occupation: Educator
- Middle school teacher and principal
- Mendocino County Grand Jury Foreperson
- Author of articles published in educational journals
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Ethiopia I
- Host of a jazz show on local radio
- Married to Susan Baird, three sons (two serving as doctors in the US Navy), two stepsons
- public safety
- cooperation with the County over planning, taxes, drugs and gangs
- anticipating major changes in the economy and technology
- Occupation: Teacher
- Top Council vote getter 1998 and 2002
- Vice Mayor since 2001
- City of Ukiah Rep on Inland Power & Water Commission
Michael "Mike" Whetzel
- securing our water sources, water rights, and the flow in western hills creeks for underground recharge
- agricultural and open space easements for Ukiah valley vineyards, orchards, and western hills
- enforcing Ukiah speed limits
- Occupation: Business Owner
- City of Ukiah Planning Commissioner
- FAA Certified Aircraft Inspector
Jeanne K. Metcalf
James David "Ever Pleasant Jim" Mulheren
- Smart Growth of the City of Ukiah and the surrounding valley
- Public Safety & Infrastructure of the city
- Revitalize the downtown of Ukiah
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner/Businessman
- Chairman Planning Commission
- Past President Greater Ukiah Chamber of Commerce
- Past President North Coast Builders Exchange
- Vice-Chairman Economic Development Financing Corp of Mnedocino County
- Commisioner of the Mendocino County Airport Land Use Commission
- Ukiah Skate Park commitee member
- Public Safety
- Economic Diversity
- Parks and Open Space
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.