League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
Alameda County, CA
November 7, 2006 Election
Member of City Council; City of Pleasanton Voter Information
Results as of Dec 4 5:41pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (48/48)
(63 Total Write-In Votes 0.2%)
(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jerry T. Thorne, P.E.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Chair elect of Tri-Valley Transportation Council
- Vice President Elect of League of California Cities (East Bay Division)
- Vice Chair of the Board, Livermore Amador Valley Water Management Agency
- 10 years on Pleasanton Parks and Recreation Commission (Elected Chair Twice)
- Elected to Pleasanton City Council in June, 2005
- 26 Years as Senior Manager with Fortune 100 Company with multi function responsibility and budget responsibility for over 2.5 times City Budget
- TRAFFIC CONGESTION PROBLEMS IN PLEASANTON MUST BE SOLVED.
- Completion of a Comprehensive General Plan Update that reflects decisions that are in the best interest of the entire community.
- Development and Implementation of a Strategic Financial Plan that provides a road map for managing the City past build out and into the future
- Occupation: Civics Teacher
- Pleasanton resident for nearly twenty years
- Long history of public service
- Teacher for 29 years
- Parent of four children
- An accomplished leader
- Community Building
- Workforce and Senior Housing
- Occupation: Businessman/County Commissioner
- Occupation: Director Hardware Engineering
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Date: Monday, September 25
Time: 7 PM
Place: Pleasanton City Council chambers, 200 Old Bernal Avenue
Sponsor: League of Women Voters Livermore-Amador Valley
- Shown on Comcast Tri-Valley station 26 October 1-4 at 8 pm
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| What's New?
|| About Smart Voter
Created: January 4, 2007 09:29 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.